Python Forum
looking for a tutorial
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for a tutorial
i was referred to this tutorial to get started in GTK+ 3. this tutorial is for programming in C, which i expect to do some with. but since i want to do most things in 100% Python 3, i need a tutorial that focuses on the GTK+ 3 interface for Python 3 with examples in Python 3. does anyone know of such a gem?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
If you consider paid book as tutorial then there is Foundations of PyGTK Development: GUI Creation with Python by Andrew Krause, W. David Ashley, which was released in December 2018.

I don't know is it any good, because I haven't read it myself Smile, my suggestion is based on paragraph in opening chapter: "Learning GTK+ can be a daunting task, because many features lack documentation and others are difficult to understand even with the API documentation. Foundations of PyGTK Development aims to decrease the learning curve and set you on your way to creating cross-platform graphical user interfaces for your applications."
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
i am looking for a free PDF or HTML tutorial. definitely not a paper-based book.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.