Python Forum
looking up docs for open file methods
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking up docs for open file methods
where do i find the full documentation of all the methods for an open file object? is there a class name to look for them under?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
The io module? The documentation for open links to the glossary entry on file objects, which then links to the aforementioned module.
built-in open() function

pathlib.Path.open() refers to open() function for explanation of arguments
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

it kinda looks like it's all there but i will need to look at two places at the same time to figure out what can be done in which situations. trying to fill in gaps of learning with reference documentation is hard, especially when things are split up like this. the tutorial document is just a beginner's guide. essentially, there is nothing out there i can download or browse that is best for learning "everything (else)" about Python an its library. it would be larger than the two reference documents, combined; probably three times as large. it would have to be divided up into several chapters like separate books.

its not the arguments i was asking about, although those are certainly important to know. it's a complete list of methods. but looking at the referenced parts, this time with this topic in mind, i can see their relation. i can see why they are separate; it makes sense as a reference to be this way. but, they need to be organized together for learning, with links to the reference.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  where is documentation for stat result attributes in PDF docs? Skaperen 5 999 May-18-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  frozenset.copy() docs wrong Skaperen 8 3,566 Apr-08-2020, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Operator Precedence Direction in Docs blitz4 3 3,097 Mar-11-2018, 06:15 AM
Last Post: wavic
  Can' t open my py file zafraj1 5 19,792 Sep-23-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Docs missing info? tozqo 3 4,389 Jun-21-2017, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Kebap