Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mobile layout
Forum looks terrific on mobile. Few issues though:

1) cant login in mobile Layout. Page will stay empty. Need to switch to desktop layout.

2) cant post thread in desktop layout on mobile. Textbox and styling buttons will start to show in top left corner and gill whole screen. Will resize itself when i zoom out. So they overlap buttons to post thread and everything else. Need to switch to mobile layout. Can supply screenshot if needed
Is this really an issue, though? How often do people need help with python when their using their phone?
...maybe... we just disable the mobile layout? lol
Ive been having a lot of problems with that plugin. For me when i go to the site on anything mobile, i just get a white screen.

EDIT:
I just tried the other mobile plugin and that broke the admin panel. 

So there are some issues with the mobile plugins. I have made an issue on github as well on the mybb support awhile ago (regarding a different issue on mobile plugin). But no one has responded yet.

I am just going to disable that plugin for hte time being as its not working...and worse some people coming to the site cant even get here because of it.

Quote:..maybe... we just disable the mobile layout? lol
Not my thing either, i hate touch screens. But a lot of people use it and want it.
Recommended Tutorials:
Disabling the mobile layout will worsen the situation as explained above.

Yeah maybe I am alone in trying to answer here via phone.
Well if people are coming here and getting a white screen, then they might think the site is down or messed up when its just the mobile layout messed up. I get this going to both desktop version or mobile version sites. 

When it did work...

I had been problems with where i log into my account on a different browser from a phone, have it go to mobile theme. Then when i jump on my desktop, i see the mobile theme. Different browser too. So it must be account based. The main problem there is the redirect back to desktop mode didnt work and i had to disable, then reenable the plugin just to get back my desktop version.

It definitely looks nice...but appears to have some major bugs.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Sep-21-2016, 04:20 PM)metulburr Wrote: if people are coming here and getting a white screen, then they might think the site is down or messed up

For me, I can read the forums on mobile just fine. Actually I like the mobile layout better, as it is very lean. It is only the login link that would render a white site.

(Sep-21-2016, 04:20 PM)metulburr Wrote: I had been problems with where i log into my account on a different browser from a phone, have it go to mobile theme. Then when i jump on my desktop, i see the mobile theme. Different browser too. So it must be account based. The main problem there is the redirect back to desktop mode didnt work and i had to disable, then reenable the plugin just to get back my desktop version.

It definitely looks nice...but appears to have some major bugs.

Even though I logged in on mobile, when I use the same account on desktop, I still see desktop layout. So can't confirm your problem.

Not sure what you mean with disabling a plugin.

Yes those bugs are annoying. Hoping for simple css reasons which can be fixed soon.
(Sep-21-2016, 06:06 PM)Kebap Wrote: It is only the login link that would render a white site.
I cant access the site at all on mobile. I only see a white screen.

(Sep-21-2016, 06:06 PM)Kebap Wrote: Hoping for simple css reasons which can be fixed soon.
I dont think its just a CSS issue.
Recommended Tutorials:
I'm on my mobile right now, sometimes the drop down menu when clicking edit button does not appear where you'd expect it and have to zoom in/out a bit but in general it's ok.
Note: I'm using desktop mode.
Thats really weird because i cannot even view the board at all on mobile
Recommended Tutorials:
I'd say the majority of my time on this board has been via mobile. I have been able to view it fine from the start  :) .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile Panda 6 137,585 Aug-22-2018, 05:48 AM
Last Post: buran