Python Forum
Poll: What to do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Install this
26.67%
4 26.67%
Do not install this
26.67%
4 26.67%
No opinion
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
mod actions
Do you guys want mod actions to show in the thread. The main one i was thinking of was "moving thread" or "merging thread" for those ones that we have to make a post to say hey we merged these two threads thus the reason for the discussion might sound weird. I might be able to restrict what mod options actually show to not show them all. 

I currently have it off, but here is what it looked like when i was playing with it

NOTE: actions only show if there is a post afterwords, otherwise it is not shown
NOTE2: The mod actions are split between each post in the point at time they are executed. They are all together in the image because they all took place before the second post. If there was another moderation after the second post, it would be between the 2nd and 3rd post.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Recommended Tutorials:
"Apply" == show changes, right?
(Oct-31-2016, 02:38 PM)nilamo Wrote: "Apply" == show changes, right?
yes. "apply" means to utilize that change.
I changed the word apply to install, as i can see the confusion based on the fact that it is not currently being used.
Recommended Tutorials:
It looks noisy to me. Is that only because you did a bunch of them for the example? I'm all for transparency, but want to get the balance right.
(Oct-31-2016, 06:32 PM)micseydel Wrote: Is that only because you did a bunch of them for the example?
Exactly. At that time i was testing it....and i didnt realize that they only show after a post is after the change. So i kept trying to make changes wondering why they are not showing. Low and behold they all show up after i make a second post. They would not all show up there normally.

I would like to try it...and see how we like it to view how it really would look in real threads and its uses.
Recommended Tutorials:
Like many other things we've discussed, I'm not enthused about it and willing to try it and then only complain if it's really bad.
I really only initially wanted it for thread moved/merged notifications, as the dialogue is odd after those, and that would explain it without a post. I could care less about the rest.

Ill enable it then since its a tie, and maybe people will change their minds afterwords to one side or the other.
Recommended Tutorials:
An example would be this post is no longer needed
http://python-forum.io/Thread-need-help-...50#pid3850
Recommended Tutorials:
So we can specify which options shall or shall not be shown, but they would only be shown after another post was made after the mod action took place first, if I understood right.

Now which do we show?
  • add / remove a prefix - unsure, if needs to be shown, but okay
  • move thread to another sub-forum - yes, show this (I also leave a shadow in old forum for some time to help redirecting the traffic, but that's not what this plugin is about anyway)
  • merge / split threads - would make sense, not sure if can be shown though
  • delete / restore thread - not sure if needed, probably needed
  • open / close / sticky / unsticky - these I would definitely have shown if possible
Other actions to be discussed?
After some time of seeing this. To be honest....i find this plugin a little annoying. It would be cool if there was a way to select/deselect them to show. Or exclude certain mod actions completely. And frankly, i am just not php/mybb knowledgeable enough to modify it to do this.

JUst seeing where people stand as this plugin was one that was on the fence.
Recommended Tutorials: