Python Forum
monitor when a device connects (mac address)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
monitor when a device connects (mac address)
hi, i am looking at creating the following script.

i currently have been working on a project over the last year for a wiegand access control system based on a raspberry pi. the system was tested and is now live and fitted in the commercial premises and working great. this was a base for something more tailored to our normal spec.

we mainly fit automatic gates and alot of the options that come for access on these gates are the following:

card access
ringing a phone number (gsm or landline) to open the gate
smart intercom systems

etc etc

with all the above we run into the problem of fitting numerous differnt controllers/systems all into 2 cabinet connected to each other and it gets a bit messy.

as above we have created out own access system using python and the raspberry pi to trigger a set of pins to give the gate a "open signal"

the next step of this project i am focusing on now is the following:

when a mobile/laptop/mac address - connects to the pi and its in a accepted list (a .txt file or something or even in the python script itself) it automatically triggers a GPIO pin on the pi. this would then send the "open signal" to the gate and open.

the idea was to have a password on the bluetooth or a hosted wifi network so when the device connects and gets accepted it triggers the output.

any help would be appreciated

thanks
have you checked here for possible packages that can help: https://pypi.org/search/?q=monitor+mac+address
hi, i did use the search yes before i posted but i dont see any of them helping with what i need
anyone ?
this is on PyPi, looks like a partial solution
https://pypi.org/project/micropython-wiegand/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to make a program recognize how many clicks it has had on the monitor? jao 0 1,155 Feb-25-2022, 06:31 PM
Last Post: jao
Sad SyntaxError: from simple python example file from mind-monitor code (muse 2) warmcupoftea 4 2,834 Jul-16-2021, 02:51 PM
Last Post: warmcupoftea
  Monitor specific line of code from website Olimpiarob 1 1,850 Jul-09-2020, 03:20 PM
Last Post: mrdominikku
  psutil for monitor a software finish process and notification Pyguys 0 2,868 Mar-27-2020, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Pyguys
  Reading UDP from external device without device software ikdemartijn 2 3,406 Dec-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Guidance for how to monitor for a change in a bit state from a hex value FP4A 3 2,617 Apr-07-2019, 12:13 AM
  Function to Continuasly monitor serial port and control other functions ricardons 10 8,137 Mar-04-2018, 10:34 PM
  Display device details i.e connected with more than one device shintonp 6 5,319 May-10-2017, 06:00 AM
Last Post: shintonp