need help creating a basketball manager
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help creating a basketball manager
Hey guys
I would like to make a basketball manager
Can i make it with Python?
Where should i start?:)
Hi iggy23, welcome to Python & the forums!

You did not give enough information to help you right now. Please read through How to Ask Smart Questions

Usually, when a problem seems to big, you start by breaking it up into smaller pieces, then tackle those one-by-one.
OK ...

I would like to make a manager with a lot og teams ,players, trades.... Something like true football manager, just with basketball ;)

Can python be used?

What should i use for making game simulation ?

How to make player trades?

What about program lay out ?:) 

Have no idea :)

Where would you guys start?:)
I would try to get some overviews first:
What software is already available? (See, for example, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Python_software)
Which of this resembles in which parts what I'm dreaming of? 
Which of the existing programs / libraries / ... can be helpful to me?

And how long will it take to learn the necessary skills? (But you will underestimate this. Always.)
in my sparetime i started to read about different programming languages...

so i will start slowly :D

but basketball manager is my dream :D
Yes, python can be used.
Are you managing teams, or simulating games? Those sound completely unrelated to me.
Making player trades depends on however you want to do it.

Personally, I like designing databases, so I'd start by mapping out table structure and maybe fill it with sample data. From there, I'd build a few html pages to display it (because I'm very familiar with displaying info as a webpage, and could do that faster than any other method). Then, I'd write a few simple methods using a small framework such as Flask, and fill those html pages with data. Then I'd add mutating operations to the data (adding teams, renaming things, etc). Then... it's done, I guess, so a prettier interface?
Ok :) 

i´m starting to understand what i need to do :)

The meaning is that at the beginning you could fx select career mode, where you should control 1 team, and if you could make good results, then you could stay or get offers from other teams....