Python Forum
need some help for install Python 3.6.2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some help for install Python 3.6.2
Hi,
I'm new with Python, i'm currently learning it and at the same time Linux, using for now Ubuntu, i checked my version of Python via the command line python -v and it told me than my version is 2.7, i would like to know how can i update it to 3.6.2, i tried apt-get update etc.. these are not working, i also tried apt-get install python 3.6.2 and it installed something but it tells me the same, i think it installed me the doc only, i could see i could download the file .tar.gz which is inside a .tar.xz file, but i don't know how to install it Sad
thanks for your help :)
Here's the Ubuntu install instructions for 3.6.1 It will be the same for 3.6.2, other than the .2
http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2017...16-04-lts/
(Sep-16-2017, 11:14 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: Here's the Ubuntu install instructions for 3.6.1 It will be the same for 3.6.2, other than the .2
http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2017...16-04-lts/

Thank you very much :))
If you are using Umbutu, you should already have a Python version 3 installed. Try "python3 -v" from the command line.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
(Sep-16-2017, 11:33 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote: If you are using Umbutu, you should already have a Python version 3 installed. Try "python3 -v" from the command line.

Hello Sparkz, indeed i tried again and it seemed to be python 3.5, so this guide was still useful to me,
even though it seems than my terminal isn't working anymore, i've made researches on internet and apparently i have to go back to the previous version, i can't use python 3.6.2 on Ubuntu ?

Edit : i could resolve my terminal problem i didn't follow well the 2 last command lines to execute, thanks everybody :)