Python Forum
note moderator instead of mod tags
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
note moderator instead of mod tags
I have been playing around with another plugin. Note moderator, which is basically identical to the mod tags we (team members) use. 
There are some things i like more about note moderator VS the mod tag. 
  • 3 options {'normal':'white bg', 'informational':'green bg', 'warning':'red bg'}....the whole thing looks more professional than the mod tags we made
  • you have the option to send a PM to the user about your mod note ensuring that they see the moderator note
  • and same with the mod tags, only team members can use it
my PM from this post
Quote:Welcome, metulburr!
To your post has been added note moderator.

Note type: Information
Post link: note moderator instead of mod tags
Note message:

agreed

--

--

To add a note moderator to a post, click edit, and a new option appears "moderate", which adds the note moderator options. and then just update the post.
Recommended Tutorials:
Interesting plugin, but the English needs work...

"To your post has been added note moderator."
"metulburr write 9 hours ago"
(Apr-04-2017, 08:42 AM)Kebap Wrote: Interesting plugin, but the English needs work...

"To your post has been added note moderator."
"metulburr write 9 hours ago"

fixed. Now the same mod note PM shows

Quote:Dear metulburr!
A moderator has added a note to your post. Please adjust your future posts accordingly. 

Note type: Information
Post link: note moderator instead of mod tags
Note message:

agreed

--

--

as well as the actual mod note as you can see
Recommended Tutorials:
And the new moderate option sets a new mod note....as well as if you edit another mod note, it changes the name to yours :)
Recommended Tutorials:
Thanks for improving those texts

(Apr-04-2017, 07:11 PM)metulburr Wrote: if you edit another mod note, it changes the name to yours :)

Not sure if I like that
There is no way for users to see that I wrote one of those 3 notes, whereas you added upon it
Not sure how relevant that will be in the future, but our mod tags seem to have more flexibility
(Apr-04-2017, 08:44 PM)Kebap Wrote: There is no way for users to see that I wrote one of those 3 notes, whereas you added upon it
so we would just have to know to not edit another mods note, but make your own.

I think besides this the usability of the mod notes are easier than the mod tags. I also think the PM'ing the user is important, because i doubt they read half the mod tags we put up.
Recommended Tutorials:
Yeah I also like the PM, even though not all notes would require one maybe. Also not sure if "Please adjust your future posts accordingly." will be correct in every case.

Agreed, not only makes no sense to edit other mods notes, also would be better if you want to have a discussion to create an actual answer post not a simple note on a user's post. Maybe if the discussion goes too far off-topic, create a new thread entirely. But discussing in multiple mod notes would be bad for several reasons. (omitted here)

Here's another text that needs improvement. When you go Edit - Moderate, you see the box where you can input your mod note. The box simply has the name "Note moderator". Would be clearer maybe "Add moderator note". Then the checkbox "Send PM" maybe "Send PM to user". The three note options read "Normal", "Information" and "Warn". While the third should rather be "Warning", I am still puzzled about the difference between the first two. I can see the different colors, normal = white, info = green, warning = red, but beyond that?

I was also confused, because the "Update Post" button was *above* this mod box, and directly below it, where I would have expected this confirmation click, instead there is only a second "BBCode help" button again. Not sure, how to fix the layout easily.

The only functionality we would be losing here seems to be to add the note(s) in the middle of the post somewhere flexibly. Other than that, we should definitely try it out. Maybe keep both running simultaneously for the time being.

What do you think about a selection for some standard mod messages like suggested in this other thread here:
https://python-forum.io/Thread-Please-us...6#pid14226

Would be possible to add a dropdown to the plugin?
(Apr-05-2017, 09:29 AM)Kebap Wrote: Also not sure if "Please adjust your future posts accordingly." will be correct in every case.
Im pretty sure in most cases. I wanted something there to show that they need to take action on their part to not receive a mod note again. 

(Apr-05-2017, 09:29 AM)Kebap Wrote: Then the checkbox "Send PM" maybe "Send PM to user".
fixed

(Apr-05-2017, 09:29 AM)Kebap Wrote: I was also confused, because the "Update Post" button was *above* this mod box, and directly below it, where I would have expected this confirmation click, instead there is only a second "BBCode help" button again. Not sure, how to fix the layout easily.
The BBCode button is there because i put it in the layout for all text entry boxes. This is more made for user experience and only looks messed up in the mode note edit section for admins/mods. It would take a lot of tweaking to make it proper, and im not sure the payout is worth the hassle since its just for mods/admins. I did get tripped up at first thinking the update should be below it, but there is no way to have it under the post edit box as well as under the mod note edit box. It was originally under attachment but moved at request because of so much real estate between. 

(Apr-05-2017, 09:29 AM)Kebap Wrote: The only functionality we would be losing here seems to be to add the note(s) in the middle of the post somewhere flexibly. Other than that, we should definitely try it out. Maybe keep both running simultaneously for the time being.
True. I never thought of needing to have to add a note in the middle of a message before. 

(Apr-05-2017, 09:29 AM)Kebap Wrote: What do you think about a selection for some standard mod messages like suggested in this other thread here:
https://python-forum.io/Thread-Please-us...6#pid14226
You mean like the warnings? A selection of sayings. Im note sure how to add that either to this plugin. 

(Apr-05-2017, 09:29 AM)Kebap Wrote: Would be possible to add a dropdown to the plugin?
Im not qualified enough in php to mod this plugin to do that. 

(Apr-05-2017, 09:29 AM)Kebap Wrote: The box simply has the name "Note moderator". Would be clearer maybe "Add moderator note".
fixed
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do not know how to add "Code Tags" or "Error Tags" to my submissions mattkrebs 2 3,697 Mar-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  New Moderator micseydel 5 112,655 Dec-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Kebap