Python Forum
one of my side projects
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
one of my side projects
one of my side projects is a pseudo machine code interpreter. this "machine" will have features similar to python so it might be not too hard to implement. i still have many things to think about in its design, which i think will be the fun part. think of classical binary machine instructions kept in a python list and lists as executable functions.

or maybe i should just implement a classical binary machine. that could aslo be fun. either way, it would be implemented in python and be trivially portable that way.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Interesting. When I'm done with my current projects, I'm thinking of writing a MIPS r3000a (Playstation 1) assembler and disassembler.
to run on an emulator?

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
For dis/assembling compiled code from/into PS1 games that I hope will run on an emulator, yes.

I'm looking for nice side effects it would have on me, like memorizing the bit patterns for various opcodes and gaining a more intuitive understanding of this assembly language.

The grand goal of such things is to have a fully commented and maximally abstracted disassembly which I can use to implement features I want and remove those I don't need. Having a set of 0x7F item attributes in Final Fantasy Tactics, rather than the standard 0x4F, is one such goal.

I love your signature, very true and extremely American. USA, USA, USA!
i have a signature?

(Sep-04-2020, 01:50 AM)Skaperen Wrote: i have a signature?
Yes you do

Quote:What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
i could not find a setting with that. it doesn't show up to me. i guess i must have forgotten about that.

User CP -> change signatur
oh, i didn't even look way over to the left (i use a nearly full screen window here).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turning Client Side Script Into Pseusocode VinceLrj 3 2,410 Dec-08-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Larz60+