Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
overlapping images
i have two images that overlap. they are different crops of one larger flat image, not a rotation of a single perspective. some rectangular portion of one image is exactly or approximately the same as some rectangular portion of the other. whether exact or approximate depends on the compression that has been used on either of the two images. subtracting one overlap from the other should be zero black in the exact case or nearly so in the approximate case. multiple overlaps may exist in the case of (nearly) flat backgrounds in both images.

i am looking to search for all overlaps between all pairings of a set of images and attempt to (re)construct the larger image these smaller images are a part of. the logic of arranging the overlaps (which may also overlap each other) will be the fun part. it is the initial overlap work that i think will be hard. i want to avoid doing direct pixel work in Python code. this would not be a worry if i were developing this project in C. i prefer to do as much of this in Python as possible. among tools i think i need is one where i can subtract pixel values of one region of one image from another like size region of another image. another tool would be to collect a histogram of one region of one image. these might be doable by making whole images from regions of an image.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.