Python Forum
program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed
Hello, all. I'd like to preface this with saying that I'm not a programmer, and know nothing about coding. I have tried to solve this issue myself, but lack the knowledge.

Operating System: Windows 10

I have an application, Pesterchum, a chat program, and it has been running fine for several weeks. I attempted to open it today, and it gave me the error message: "Failed: [errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed".

I have looked it up on google, and figured out it was some kind of python error? Unfortunately, most of the links I tried to read used more technical language than I understand.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the program multiple times, I have attempted to run it as the admin, and I have restarted my computer. I even did a system restore, but it still gives me the same error message.

Other info: Shortly before not being able to use the program, my computer blue-screened, but the error code was related to my graphics card. It turns out the problem was that some games were autostarting and running in the background without my knowledge; I fixed that. I'm not sure how that would relate to this error, but thought I'd put it here just in case.

I'd appreciate any help I could get in this, I really like this program but my attempts to fix the issue have failed.

Thank you.
This thread does not belong here and is not related to python coding and seems to be a simple plug or ad for the game site.

Please use their site Forum for answers to your question.
"Often stumped... But never defeated."
Hello, DT2000.

I posted this issue here, on a python coding forum, because google says the issue is with python code.

I do not know if you clicked the link, but it is just a link to where the download of the program I am having issues with is. The link itself is quite old, and not related to the site it is posted on. And the program is for a chat client, again, the program that is having issues with python coding.

I would appreciate help from someone who will not dismiss my issues and claim that this is not related to python, when the issue I am having is specifically related to python code. I just would like to know how to resolve this error message. I am sure it's a technical problem from my end, I'm just not sure how to solve it, as I am not very versed in code.

I would thank you, DT2000, to refrain from commenting on this thread again unless you can help.

@Larz60+

Hello, I would ask that you replace the link you removed. The only reason I included it is because in the information on how to post, it says to include a link to relevant files, which is what that was.

I would also ask that you read my post. I am seeking help, for a python issue, on a python forum, and yet the first response I'm met with is complete dismissal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Start my program in RPI4B from SSH and Failed ATARI_LIVE 3 3,478 Nov-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Last Post: ATARI_LIVE
  STT: recognition connection failed: [Errno 32] Broken pipe GrahamBerends 0 5,027 Jul-18-2020, 11:00 PM
Last Post: GrahamBerends