Python Forum
programming challenge: double words
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
programming challenge: double words
yeah, these days, memory is cheap. i remember back when i came up with a compression algorithm that was better than gzip. it needed about 5MB. that was impractical back then. it would be no worry today. the first mainframe i used had 256kB of memory and did not do virtual.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
8K for me (IBM1130).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
Used an 1130 back in 1980. I liked is because it had keyboard entry (or more like teletypewriter input)
There are applications where data does not fit in memory today. That they're less common doesn't mean that they don't come up :)
(Dec-14-2016, 06:41 PM)micseydel Wrote: There are applications where data does not fit in memory today. That they're less common doesn't mean that they don't come up  :)

yes they do happen, especially those that scale based on input data or user misconfiguration.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where is a "Challenge" forum? wavic 2 3,623 Nov-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Kebap