Python Forum
pyinstaller Os diversion problem
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pyinstaller Os diversion problem
I finished my python Program and i convert it to exe standalone app using pyinstaller. the OS i run the pyinstaller under is windows 32 bit

now, my app working as well in all windows 32bits, but when i run it in windows 64 bit i get dll missing errors.

how can i fix that problem!
which dll files are missing?
Try installing Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable x86 version. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=5555
(Oct-08-2018, 09:26 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: which dll files are missing?
missed dll name:
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
This is a known issue for pyinstaller. There's a couple closed github issues, which makes it look like it might be fixed, but the version available through pip doesn't yet have the fix.

So, you can either use a different version of pyinstaller, or you can follow their directions: https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/v3...ml#windows

Quote:For Python >= 3.5 targeting Windows < 10, the developer needs to take special care to include the Visual C++ run-time .dlls: Python 3.5 uses Visual Studio 2015 run-time, which has been renamed into “Universal CRT“ and has become part of Windows 10. For Windows Vista through Windows 8.1 there are Windows Update packages, which may or may not be installed in the target-system. So you have the following options:
  • Build on Windows 7 which has been reported to work.
  • Include one of the VCRedist packages (the redistributable package files) into your application’s installer. This is Microsoft’s recommended way, see “Distributing Software that uses the Universal CRT“ in the above-mentioned link, numbers 2 and 3.
  • Install the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 10 and expand the .spec-file to include the required DLLs, see “Distributing Software that uses the Universal CRT“ in the above-mentioned link, number 6.
If you think, PyInstaller should do this by itself, please help improving PyInstaller.
(Oct-09-2018, 06:32 PM)nilamo Wrote: This is a known issue for pyinstaller. There's a couple closed github issues, which makes it look like it might be fixed, but the version available through pip doesn't yet have the fix. So, you can either use a different version of pyinstaller, or you can follow their directions: https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/v3...ml#windows
Quote:For Python >= 3.5 targeting Windows < 10, the developer needs to take special care to include the Visual C++ run-time .dlls: Python 3.5 uses Visual Studio 2015 run-time, which has been renamed into “Universal CRT“ and has become part of Windows 10. For Windows Vista through Windows 8.1 there are Windows Update packages, which may or may not be installed in the target-system. So you have the following options:
  • Build on Windows 7 which has been reported to work.
  • Include one of the VCRedist packages (the redistributable package files) into your application’s installer. This is Microsoft’s recommended way, see “Distributing Software that uses the Universal CRT“ in the above-mentioned link, numbers 2 and 3.
  • Install the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 10 and expand the .spec-file to include the required DLLs, see “Distributing Software that uses the Universal CRT“ in the above-mentioned link, number 6.
If you think, PyInstaller should do this by itself, please help improving PyInstaller.
what if i use py2exe ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with Pyinstaller. No module named '_tkinter' tonynapoli2309 0 934 May-15-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: tonynapoli2309
  problem with pyinstaller to create an executable file atlass218 0 2,536 May-15-2021, 11:01 AM
Last Post: atlass218
  .py to .exe using pyinstaller problem. iNickster 3 4,369 Sep-13-2020, 08:19 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Pyinstaller CMD -w problem samuelbachorik 3 3,228 Apr-19-2020, 10:18 PM
Last Post: snippsat