Python Forum
python code box copy/paste fail
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
python code box copy/paste fail
the python code box is not working right for copy and paste.  double clicking it does highlight the whole thing.  but, pasting only gets the word the cursor was over during the double click, even if i do a copy, too (normally, not needed in Linux/X).  i am running Firefox 49, X.Org X Server 1.18.4, Ubuntu 16.04.1, Linux 4.4.0.  this has worked in the past
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Quote:double clicking it does highlight the whole thing.  but, pasting only gets the word the cursor was over during the double click
I havent changed a thing...and just tried it and it worked fine for me. 

One thing i noticed was if you copy the code, and left click again on the codebox, you lost select all, and the code text goes black. At that point you can only select a single word/line and not all until you left click off the codebox and double click on the code again to select all. Im not sure if this is what happened to you?
Recommended Tutorials:
can you test the code i most recently posted?

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Im able to copy that as normal. Im on ubuntu 16.04 as well. I tried firefox and chrome and had no problems. Maybe clearing cache or even reboot the browser. 
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-16-2016, 05:56 AM)metulburr Wrote:
Quote:double clicking it does highlight the whole thing.  but, pasting only gets the word the cursor was over during the double click
I havent changed a thing...and just tried it and it worked fine for me. 

One thing i noticed was if you copy the code, and left click again on the codebox, you lost select all, and the code text goes black. At that point you can only select a single word/line and not all until you left click off the codebox and double click on the code again to select all. Im not sure if this is what happened to you?

The same here. Ubuntu MATE.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Oct-16-2016, 06:19 AM)metulburr Wrote: Im able to copy that as normal. Im on ubuntu 16.04 as well. I tried firefox and chrome and had no problems. Maybe clearing cache or even reboot the browser. 

even yours is not working for me.  if i double-click over the "env" in the first line, all that gets pasted is "env" even though the whole box is highlighted. another thing is, if i move to another desktop and back, in normal cases the highlighting stays.  in this case it is unhighlighted when i come back.

things have changed.  the python box used to have a black background.  now it's white.

(Oct-17-2016, 04:49 AM)Skaperen Wrote: even yours is not working for me.  if i double-click over the "env" in the first line, all that gets pasted is "env" even though the whole box is highlighted.
Then the problem is local for you,i have tested this in Windows and Linux with different browsers no problems.
(Oct-17-2016, 04:49 AM)Skaperen Wrote: things have changed.  the python box used to have a black background.  now it's white.
MyBB did an overwrite back to black theme,i did some test first with black theme.
Default(white) as we use now,is theme we will use.
trust me...if i was able to add a select all option i would. Most people dont even know that double clicking selects all. 

Quote:things have changed.  the python box used to have a black background.  now it's white.

The dark/light theme differences of the codebox have no effect on the actual workings of the codebox.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bbcode fail [list=0] Skaperen 2 3,825 Nov-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Last Post: metulburr