Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
python code for scraping
Quote:same error with system command line:
Requirement already satisfied <use --upgrade to upgrade>: requets in c:\users\pcname\appdata\local\enthought\canopy\user\lib\site-packages
Read my post again,you most remove enthought from Environment Variables(Path).
Restart Pc.
Now you check python and pip.
C:\>python -V
Python 3.6.0

C:\>pip -V
pip 9.0.1 from c:\python36\lib\site-packages (python 3.6)

C:\>python
Python 3.6.0 (v3.6.0:41df79263a11, Dec 23 2016, 07:18:10) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> exit()
C:\>
Quote:Requirement already satisfied <use --upgrade to upgrade>: requets in c:\users\pcname\appdata\local\enthought\canopy\user\lib\site-packages
Thats because its already installed on your enthought python

If you didnt change thr default path to something like C:\Python36-32 then you should be using the pip from the location C:\Users\<PC_NAME>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python36-32

open cmd.exe and execute the following...(replace PC_NAME with yours, and i am assuming you installed python 32 bit? ->Python36-32 ?? Otherwise its Python36-64

cd C:\Users\<PC_NAME>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python36-32\Scripts
pip.exe install requests
This should install it for the correct python
Recommended Tutorials:
(Mar-28-2017, 07:06 PM)snippsat Wrote: remove enthought from Environment Variables(Path).

it is not in System variables > path
I see it 3 times in User variable for pcname > path
Do I remove all 3 instances of it from User variable for pcname > path ?

(Mar-28-2017, 07:14 PM)metulburr Wrote: If you didnt change thr default path to something like C:\Python36-32 then you should be using the pip from the location C:\Users\<PC_NAME>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python36-32

so disregard Snippsat's calling the default path "stupid" and need for moving everything to C:\Python36
?
Read this Uninstalling and resetting Canopy.
As you see in post they do it in a bad way,so may use Regedit to delete all refer to Canopy.
Quote:so disregard Snippsat's calling the default path "stupid" and need for moving everything to C:\Python36

?
No i didnt say that. The fact that python 3.4 and below use to default install to C:\PythonXX was the standard. Then they had the brilliant idea (sarcasm) of defaulting python3.5 and newer to C:\Users\<PC_NAME>\AppData\Local\Programs\PythonXX-XX instead. And yes it is stupid

Quote: did not see a way to change the default "stupid" path , just let it install there... 
This makes it appear you couldnt figure out how to change the default path and installed it to the default path. So my answer reflected that.

It doesnt matter how many python versions, or variations you have installed. The problem lies in when you execute pip that it might be a different version/python variation than what you are expecting it to be. You can either A) remove the unintended one (which is what snippsat is trying to get you to do....and you should), and B) you can specifically target which python version/variation you want by executing the pip in the target python Scripts folder (which is what i am trying to get you to do). Each python install has its own pip, and you need to make sure that you are using the one that you actually want to install it to...which you are not due to you keep trying to install it to the enthought one.
Recommended Tutorials: