Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
python error
I have a windows 10 machine. I downloaded python yesterday and just created a small program as a test. I got an error.

Error:
C:\Users\gfred\PycharmProjects\GunnardFirst\venv\Scripts\python.exe "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2020.1.1\plugins\python-ce\helpers\pydev\pydevd.py" --multiproc --qt-support=auto --client 127.0.0.1 --port 62692 --file Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2020.1.1\plugins\python-ce\helpers\pydev\pydevd.py", line 2131, in <module> main() File "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2020.1.1\plugins\python-ce\helpers\pydev\pydevd.py", line 1965, in main setup = process_command_line(sys.argv) File "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2020.1.1\plugins\python-ce\helpers\pydev\_pydevd_bundle\pydevd_command_line_handling.py", line 136, in process_command_line setup['file'] = argv[i] IndexError: list index out of range Process finished with exit code 1
It would help to see the code that produced the error.
I welcome all feedback.
The only dumb question, is one that doesn't get asked.
My Github
How to post code using bbtags

I don't know, what's your code, so please post it. However, given in the error is
Error:
list index out of range
As given in google,
Quote:“List index out of range” error occurs in Python when we try to access an undefined element from the list. The only way to avoid this error is to mention the indexes of list elements properly
So, please tend to that
pyzyx3qwerty
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela
Need help on the forum? Visit help @ python forum
For learning more and more about python, visit Python docs