Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question on using for
I use _ everyday in the REPL and in programs as throw away variable.
However, I don't see that newbies are using the underscore as throw away variable. They don't know it.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!
(Jun-18-2018, 10:12 AM)Nwb Wrote: You can correct me but keep your comments to yourself. I don't need advice from people, especially people like you. :)

Don't worry, you won't get any more. Keep up attitude - it's very smart thing to do Doh.

From now on, you are free to make any stupid comments you want - you are just another name in my ignore list
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
@volcano63 and @Nwb: Common courtesy is required in all posts, at all times, no matter how angry or upset you may be over any issue.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Jun-18-2018, 10:51 AM)DeaD_EyE Wrote: I use _ everyday in the REPL and in programs as throw away variable.
However, I don't see that newbies are using the underscore as throw away variable. They don't know it.

At one of my former employer's git was configured to reject commits that did not pass pylint. Of course, some smart asses (yours truly among them Tongue ) knew how to bypass linter, but in such a trivial case it was too much of a trouble.
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
(Jun-18-2018, 03:52 PM)buran Wrote: @volcano63 and @Nwb: Common courtesy is required in all posts, at all times, no matter how angry or upset you may be over any issue.

When I said "should not be used as a variable" I mean it should not be directly assigned a value as in _ = "". I don't get what he's pissed out about I just said that his opinions don't affect me how in the world is that rude?

I'm not angry or upset over anything he can be the jerk he is, still that doesn't affect me.

He didn't need to post that he ignored me this is a public forum, he could have private messaged me. But HE DID NOT. WHY?
(Jun-22-2018, 02:46 AM)Nwb Wrote: He didn't need to post that he ignored me this is a public forum, he could have private messaged me. But HE DID NOT. WHY?
I guess that it is for the same reason you didn't PM him in the first place.
I will lock this thread now.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs