Python Forum
quote and double post
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quote and double post
yes, it is a lot of work. but if the MyBB developers are going to rewrite it, then either they are prepared for all that work, or it won't be so much for them, based on their experience writing one, already. either way, they could change language to the one that has the highest rate. it will be more fun to write plugins for MyBB if they were to switch.

what i would consider a hard part is the client-side stuff. that's why i have looked into doing some Brython coding.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
MyBB wants PHP
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-13-2018, 09:17 PM)metulburr Wrote: MyBB wants PHP

so they are not interested in the fastest growing language? these developers are unable to learn something new?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Quote:so they are not interested in the fastest growing language? these developers are unable to learn something new?
Got to give them a break, begin comfortable with a language is kind of like being comfortable in an old bathrobe. There may be better and newer ones available, but you like what you've got.
There is python forums. I was interested in that subject when we were moving from the old forum. I was thinking that it could be good if the new one runs on Python but it has to be done fast so we came with this.

I remember I found several Python forums but don't know how mature are.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fast Quote button doesn't work syogun 2 2,952 Sep-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: syogun
  single/double quote escapes codebox highlighter metulburr 3 3,468 Aug-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Last Post: metulburr