Python Forum
Poll: What to do with the random thread toplink?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no opinion
0%
0 0%
Keep it
50.00%
3 50.00%
Remove it
33.33%
2 33.33%
Undecided
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
random thread
i added a plugin that selects a random thread. This more or less is mainly for boredom or just looking to come across new things in python for new users that are not fluent in it.

The actual plugin will most likely stay, but it automatically added a toplink called "Random" (in the top right corner of the forum). This link can be moved/removed, etc.

I usually test something for awhile to see if people like it, if it gets voted out, then its gone.
Recommended Tutorials:
I'll try it out within the next few days and then vote.
Sounds like it could be fun.
Looks cool, though we may start getting responses to posts from long ago (shall we call them 'Zombie Posts'? Not necessarily a bad thing, just that we usually tell members not to revive the dead...start a new thread. I vote to keep it for awhile and see what happens.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
i personally dont care about revival of old posts. I dont like not being able to post in old posts such as reddit 1 year later. But that is just me. If the content in the post is still relevant, and the reviver has more to add to the discussion that has not been previously discussed, then it seems plausible to revive an old thread. The ones i dont like are the people who knowingly revive an old thread and ask a question as if the user is still active a couple years later and tries to hijack an old thread.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Practicing Posting. Test Thread. “Sandbox” Thread. No Reply needed, Thanks Doc_AElstein 4 6,181 Dec-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: micseydel