Python Forum
remove and reinstall base 1.0.4
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove and reinstall base 1.0.4
I'm having issues with base 1.0.4, so I thought that I would remove it and reinstall it.

The only version of base I see is what I've found on Pypi. It appears to be a dependency for pandas, requets, and msqldb; among others. The setup folder is included in a gz archive and when I unpack it and try to install over what I have I get this.

Output:
python setup.py install Traceback (most recent call last): File "setup.py", line 40, in <module> LONG_DESCRIPTION = read("README.rst") File "setup.py", line 21, in read return codecs.open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), fname)).read() File "C:\Python\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0] UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 5: character maps to <undefined>
I'm not sure if removing it will allow me to install it properly, but because I am so new to Python I have no clue how to uninstall something manually installed instead of using PIP. Cry

Alternatively, if there is something I can do to make this install over the past installation, I'd be up for that as well.

I am guessing that it might install properly doing a clean setup, but then a guess is all that is.

I've come by using 'base' due to installing pandas and have had problems doing things with pandas related to base.
Through a cloudy window,
Kip...

“Progress means getting nearer to the place you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turn, then to go forward does not get you any nearer.
If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.” ― C.S. Lewis
Is base installed now?
if not try:
pip install base --upgrade
or
pip install --upgrade base
Joe,
Thanks for the feed back.

One major roadblock we have here for Python development is that we can't use functions like --upgrade. The corporate firewall rules disallow automated downloads from the web. we can initate them manually, but if they are automated we get things like this...

Output:
pip install base --upgrade WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x04E17E10>, 'Connection to pypi.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)')': /simple/base/
Hence I have to do a lot of Whl files and setup folder downloads to get to the same place others can just do a 'pip install newstuff'.

This isn't network latency, it is network blockage. I'd be glad to do an upgrade of base if I could get some guidance on how to go about that.
Through a cloudy window,
Kip...

“Progress means getting nearer to the place you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turn, then to go forward does not get you any nearer.
If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.” ― C.S. Lewis
I may have to completely remove 3.6 from my machine and start over fresh. I think in my ignorance, attempting to work around our firewall rules I may have messed up one or more of the modules I added to my python deployment. I am really considering it, but hate to lose all the progress I have made thus far. Wall
Through a cloudy window,
Kip...