Python Forum
running Python on Windows OS / IIS server
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running Python on Windows OS / IIS server
hey guys,

I have to purchase hosting plans with providers like goDaddy and InMotion because I don't have my own servers, and they are telling me that in order to run Python on an IIS server / windows OS I have to go into the Plesk dashboard tool and "turn it on". They claim there is simply a toggle button in there to switch on that allows Python to run in web apps. However, I can't find any option in there and I've searched every menu. Is there another option? this is the only thing they gave me:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-the...ccount-644

and that only tells me "where python is located on their servers". Can you guys help me a bit here? This should not be complicated I know, but I can't get past this step. thanks!
Go daddy has a help desk chat that I suggest you try.
I used to have a goDaddy account and always found i was able to solve most issues with the chat service.
Although you may find an answer here, I think you'd have better luck with this chat service.
Lars,

what I found at all hosting companies in the USA is that the hiring managers put the foreigners are the chat lines and they put the well-speaking people on the phones. my experience with the chat service is much worse than the phone people because they seem to be lower-level skilled than the folks on the phone. but I will try it, as I usually just call in. I'll get back to you about what they say if they can't solve the problem.
Why not choice a more Python friendly host like eg Digitalocean.
It almost a joke when they gave you this link to CGI(Deprecated in Python 3.8).
PEP 594 Wrote:"[...] designed poorly and are now near-impossible to fix (cgi) [...]"
Python has now a own solution which is WSGI,all Python web-framework today is build on top of WSGI.

Just to make clear so can you do full web-development in eg Flask or Django in Windows.
Both come with build in web-severer(no install) for local development on any OS.
When finish and want to share with world then switch to a production ready WSGI server like eg Gunicorn with Nginx in front
How To Serve Flask Applications with Gunicorn and Nginx on Ubuntu 18.04.
Server less AWS Lambda and Zappa.
If you're looking to host Python web apps, there are always platforms like Heroku, AWS and Google App Engine. All likely have different price plans (my only experience has been with Heroku's free plan).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Triggering a ps1 script in remote windows server via http python request jasveerjassi 1 318 Jan-26-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Python script running under windows over nssm.exe JaroslavZ 0 671 May-12-2023, 09:22 AM
Last Post: JaroslavZ
  batch file for running python scipt in Windows shell MaartenRo 2 1,825 Jan-21-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: MaartenRo
  How to take the tar backup files form remote server to local server sivareddy 0 1,871 Jul-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: sivareddy
  Python long running script - causes RDP failure to server? william101 1 2,291 Jun-08-2020, 08:18 AM
Last Post: nuffink
  Running this script on Windows? Winfried 2 2,262 May-15-2020, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Winfried
  running script from CLI in windows aster 6 3,412 Apr-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Last Post: aster
  Running Windows 10 python 3.8.1 quark80 8 4,300 Feb-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: quark80
  Script running on a server M4573R 2 2,580 Jun-18-2019, 01:35 AM
Last Post: micseydel
  Keypress when running a python app in a console on windows Stephen 6 8,876 Apr-16-2019, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Stephen