Python Forum
server down while making long posts
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
server down while making long posts
@[buran] I know you were responding to posts while the forum was being hacked and losing all the content and forced to redo it. I have done this same thing before. I use the Wayback Machine to take a snapshot of the thread i am responding to so i can go back and copy it if need be.

Sorry for the problems everyone and hopefully this issue is behind us. We are still working on the forum.
Recommended Tutorials:
Thanks for the advise, @metulburr . :-) It really was just one thread and I did try to save my response as a draft when the disaster happened for the first time. And then again - saving a draft, when @snippsat restored it for the first time. I was not close to posting in the thread anyway.
The other thread, i was responding was in the Admins and Mods section, and not critical at all...

Anyway, BIG thanks to all admins who worked relentlessly to resolve the problem.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Just tried to post in Private Inquires section and there is the same problem.
I post in the rest of the forum, but when I try to post in the Admins and Mods Section or in Private Inquires the message is cleared and I get error that message is missing.

Also, I am not able to edit posts. The change is not preserved/visible. There is record in edit history, but not visible edits.
I know there are more pressing issues, so this is just to flag the problems.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

one of many reasons i think a board should be developed in Python.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Oct-09-2020, 06:54 PM)buran Wrote: Just tried to post in Private Inquires section and there is the same problem.
I post in the rest of the forum, but when I try to post in the Admins and Mods Section or in Private Inquires the message is cleared and I get error that message is missing.

Also, I am not able to edit posts. The change is not preserved/visible. There is record in edit history, but not visible edits.
I know there are more pressing issues, so this is just to flag the problems.

Hey @buran would you mind giving another shot at it?

I think I have solved the bug with posting.
Cyber Security Expert | Ethical Pentester | Malware Analytics 
(Oct-10-2020, 02:35 AM)Skaperen Wrote: one of many reasons i think a board should be developed in Python.

This is an awesome idea.

Currently the first stable forum software in python is being developed. More Info

But moving the current forum and its database to the python software would be very hard & problematic.
(Oct-10-2020, 03:01 AM)Developer Wrote: Hey @buran would you mind giving another shot at it?

Now I am able to reply in Admins and Mods section, byt still not able to post new thread. And actually I realised that I did not test creating a thread in the public part before. It turns I am still not able to post new thread anywhere.
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

@Developer, Now, because I read you cleared cache and cookies, I tried the same and now I am not even able to login (I write this on my phone). I use password manager and have 30-chars long password. It's not misspelled. Is it possible that it truncates the password in someway? And by the way, login window shows in lower left edge, not fully visible at 100% zoom at FF. In Brave it's again down left but at least visible.
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-10-2020, 04:57 AM)buran Wrote: @Developer, Now, because I read you cleared cache and cookies, I tried the same and now I am not even able to login (I write this on my phone). I use password manager and have 30-chars long password. It's not misspelled. Is it possible that it truncates the password in someway? And by the way, login window shows in lower left edge, not fully visible at 100% zoom at FF. In Brave it's again down left but at least visible.

Tell me the issue in more detail

When you try to login do you see any errors or error codes?

@buran
EDIT @buran

Thank you for the report, I have solved the authentication error with all current themes.

Please let me know if the issue is still exiting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  posts remain in Unread Posts after read Larz60+ 27 48,492 Jun-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Kebap