Python Forum
server down while making long posts
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
server down while making long posts
@Developer

Login problem is now resolved. The problem with posting new thread is not resolved.

This is test to see if I can edit a post.

yes, I can edit - so this is also resolved
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-10-2020, 07:30 AM)buran Wrote: @Developer

Login problem is now resolved. The problem with posting new thread is not resolved.

This is test to see if I can edit a post.

yes, I can edit - so this is also resolved

Yes it was resolved earlier today. Most of the on site issues are caused by 3rd party plugins & there are allot of them.

It is very hard locating problems and resolving them. I was able to resolve most of the issues I could find.
Hopefully admins could find some time and uninstall some of the 3rd party unused stuff.

@buran
Cyber Security Expert | Ethical Pentester | Malware Analytics 
I can imagine.  Thanks for your great work. It looks like now the post new thread problem is also resolved. Did you do something after my last post?
@Developer
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-10-2020, 08:01 AM)buran Wrote: I can imagine.  Thanks for your great work. It looks like now the post new thread problem is also resolved. Did you do something after my last post?
@Developer

Yes ofc @buran I was trying to make a new posts in a sections regarding security of the board, then figured out that there was a bug there as well.

Issue has been resolved.
(Oct-10-2020, 03:05 AM)D0X3D Wrote:
(Oct-10-2020, 02:35 AM)Skaperen Wrote: one of many reasons i think a board should be developed in Python.

This is an awesome idea.

Currently the first stable forum software in python is being developed. More Info

But moving the current forum and its database to the python software would be very hard & problematic.

i would agree that the move would be difficult to make the transition to new software.  BTDT years ago.

i think i might look at setting up a FlaskBB for my genealogy group.  thanks for the link.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Oct-11-2020, 01:18 AM)Skaperen Wrote:
(Oct-10-2020, 03:05 AM)D0X3D Wrote: This is an awesome idea.

Currently the first stable forum software in python is being developed. More Info

But moving the current forum and its database to the python software would be very hard & problematic.

i would agree that the move would be difficult to make the transition to new software.  BTDT years ago.

i think i might look at setting up a FlaskBB for my genealogy group.  thanks for the link.

Ofc but keep in mind that you will encounter some bugs/issues.
It is always best to start off in a localhost or private enjoinment to run all tests and fix everything before inviting in people.

Out of all the forums software that I have tried, mybb is the the best. 
It's based off templets which makes mybb development 100x easier and the opportunities are endless.

Check out those "Mybb Demo Boards" see how they look and function.

Demo 1 

Demo 2

No other forum software that Ik of lets this much customization to be applied to the board without core edits.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  posts remain in Unread Posts after read Larz60+ 27 45,377 Jun-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Kebap