Python Forum
simple image uploader
Poll: What to do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remove simple uploader
57.14%
4 57.14%
Keep simple uploader
14.29%
1 14.29%
No opinion
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simple image uploader
I added a plugin which creates a button for a simple image uploader. In addition to the default attachment, it allows drag and drop for images, etc.
The only problem i see with this is it might make it too easy for new users to upload an image of code instead of posting in code tags.  Think
Recommended Tutorials:
I don't feel strongly about it, but err toward not including it. That said, I'm happy to run the experiment and remove it later if anyone wants to.
can you make it only usable after N posts?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Oct-30-2016, 03:13 AM)metulburr Wrote: I added a plugin which creates a button for a simple image uploader. In addition to the default attachment, it allows drag and drop for images, etc. The only problem i see with this is it might make it too easy for new users to upload an image of code instead of posting in code tags.  Think

That would be cool it the images were hosted by the forum but they go to some external actor... which entails several questions (what if they break/disappear, how do they pay for hosting/network, etc...).
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
(Oct-30-2016, 10:27 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: That would be cool it the images were hosted by the forum but they go to some external actor... which entails several questions (what if they break/disappear, how do they pay for hosting/network, etc...).
ah crap....i didnt even catch that.
Recommended Tutorials:
disabled by vote
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-30-2016, 10:02 PM)metulburr Wrote: disabled by vote

Aw, man, I was hoping for a knock out.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures