Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
simple question
hi guys, this is a stupid question, but i should to know
Python is a Programing Language   OR    Scripting ?
both
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17253...g-language
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripting_language
Python is both.
Scripting language is a fuzzy concepts.
All scripting languages are programming languages.
So strictly speaking, there is no difference.
(Feb-18-2017, 09:37 AM)sajley Wrote: hi guys, this is a stupid question, but i should to know
Python is a Programing Language   OR    Scripting ?

Depends how you use it.  A scripting language is a programming language mostly used to glue together external pieces of code that do most of the work. You can do that in Python.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
interpreter languages (python vb ... ) is a scripting.  compiler languages is a language. (delphi, c ++)..  its True ???
All Interpreter Language is Scripting language. its True????

my english is poor.. if i used a wrong word.   Wall
Compiled languages are rarely used for scripting for two reasons:

1. Scripts are typically developed by trial and error, so compilations tend to slow things
  2. The main advantage of compiled languages is the execution speed of the resulting code, but in scripts most of the processing time is spent in the external pieces of code so the performance of the script code itself is not an issue.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Well, BASH is a Unix shell but you can write scripts on it. Python? Programming and scripting language as it was mentioned already but for me, it is a swiss knife. It's a fun too.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Hello,

I received a PM from you today.
Please use the forum for questions, not private mail as this defeats the purpose of the forum.
its good to reply private message,privately.  Heart
private message ,is not public.
no any questions in my private message !!
i just request to you for help.
i send my topic address for you. but no any question in my message.

here is my message:

hello, im sorry for send private message.
but i need use pyside for my works. *
i understand a little english. i search my problem in google, but no correct result for me!
can you help me, in my topic, topic name > what is this error.
in page 2 i write my problem and error type.
thanks.
Heart
You ask in PM, only one person looks at your problem. You post in the forum, a good dozen of people see it.

If you can't post your problem in public (or cannot restrict it to something you can post in public) then it's outside the purpose of this forum anyway (which is increasing Python proficiency in people, not solving problems).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simple Question - ' defined as "a". ?' Ryan012 10 1,491 May-27-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Ryan012
  Very simple question about filenames and backslashes! garynewport 4 1,830 Jan-17-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Python Tkinter Simple Multithreading Question AaronCatolico1 5 1,473 Dec-14-2022, 11:35 PM
  A simple "If...Else" question from a beginner Serena2022 6 1,638 Jul-11-2022, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Serena2022
  Simple arithmetic question ebolisa 5 2,007 Dec-15-2021, 04:56 PM
  Simple code question about lambda and tuples JasPyt 7 3,238 Oct-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Last Post: snippsat
Big Grin question about simple algorithm to my problem jamie_01 1 1,635 Oct-04-2021, 11:55 AM
  Simple question 1234 4 2,228 Dec-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE
  Simple Timer Question cranberrica 3 2,140 Jun-22-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: cranberrica
  Simple question on tab stuartsmith22 4 2,384 Apr-15-2020, 04:42 PM
Last Post: stuartsmith22