Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simple solved plugin
Thank you for trusting my plugin and the changes as a big forum. :D That motivates me to keep programming :P

Further much success. MYBB <3
Would you know why there is no icon next to the thread title as explained in this post? This thread is currently set to solved, but only shows the icon on the thread listing, not on the thread itself.
Recommended Tutorials:
Hi,

I think the Variable is missing in your template. So, please change the "showthread" Template in your theme.

Search for

<strong>{$thread['displayprefix']}{$thread['subject']}</strong>

and change to

{$threadsolved}<strong>{$thread['displayprefix']}{$thread['subject']}</strong>
That was the issue. Thank you!
Recommended Tutorials:
You are welcome
A nice feature to have would be to know who marked the button. It would be annoying to be within the thread, but maybe in ACP. Or maybe next to the thread title in "marked solved by username". The reason for this is you cannot tell if a mod hit it or the user. Your not sure if a mod is misinterpreting it as solved, or whether the OP considers it solved.
Recommended Tutorials:
(May-15-2019, 01:08 PM)metulburr Wrote: nice feature to have would be to know who marked the button. It would be annoying to be within the thread, but maybe in ACP. Or maybe next to the thread title in "marked solved by username". The reason for this is you cannot tell if a mod hit it or the user. Your not sure if a mod is misinterpreting it as solved, or whether the OP considers it solved.
maybe when you hoover with the mouse over the solved icon....
And I didn't mentioned that so far, but I've seen new threads (no response yet) and threads that were clearly not solved, but they were marked as Solved. I am not sure if it's some bug or simply threads were marked by mistake, but this feature would certainly help. For example - this currently active thread https://python-forum.io/Thread-please-he...all-pygame
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(May-15-2019, 01:15 PM)buran Wrote:
(May-15-2019, 01:08 PM)metulburr Wrote: nice feature to have would be to know who marked the button. It would be annoying to be within the thread, but maybe in ACP. Or maybe next to the thread title in "marked solved by username". The reason for this is you cannot tell if a mod hit it or the user. Your not sure if a mod is misinterpreting it as solved, or whether the OP considers it solved.
maybe when you hoover with the mouse over the solved icon....
And I didn't mentioned that so far, but I've seen new threads (no response yet) and threads that were clearly not solved, but they were marked as Solved. I am not sure if it's some bug or simply threads were marked by mistake, but this feature would certainly help. For example - this currently active thread https://python-forum.io/Thread-please-he...all-pygame

There are cases where the user creates a forum topic/thread, but later solves the problem on his own without help and replies. Then these users mark the topics as done. For example, this could be a reason.

I don't think it's a bug. You can also set who can mark topics as "solved" in the ACP settings (at least in the current version).

Nevertheless, many thanks for the feedback and suggestions. The desired change is not really difficult and does not take long. But I don't know if I can find the time. Maybe I will do it the days. But I can't promise.

thanks,
jay
(May-15-2019, 02:27 PM)itsmeJAY Wrote: There are cases where the user creates a forum topic/thread, but later solves the problem on his own without help and replies.
I agree it's possible. And I agree it's probably not a bug. But it happens way too often to catch my attention and wanted to share my observation as general comment (not directed specifically at you).
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I absolutely understand the problem. Do you need something like that?

[Image: b1b9ec-1557939189.png]

I added this feature to the plugin, but haven't published it yet. I can't upload attachments here.

Have a nice day,
JAY

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Verify users plugin itsmeJAY 3 2,721 Jun-22-2019, 09:11 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  solved prefix tag/ mysupport plugin metulburr 13 7,274 Mar-30-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  testing support plugin metulburr 9 4,624 Mar-21-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: metulburr
  Adding YourCode plugin metulburr 1 3,820 Mar-23-2017, 02:17 PM
Last Post: metulburr_testing
  Created a plugin for our code tags stranac 18 13,602 Dec-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap
  support plugin solved/best answer/etc metulburr_testing 12 9,338 Oct-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Kebap