Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simple solved plugin
sorry i updated your account to be able to do whatever.

(May-15-2019, 04:55 PM)itsmeJAY Wrote: Do you need something like that?
No. Not really like that. I think that would be too interfering with everyday activities. The thing i like most about your plugin is the simplicity, and vagueness of the solved/unsolved feature....unlike Matt's mysupport plugin which was too flashy and polluted everywhere. The only people who really need to know are staff members. I do like the hover option over the marked button buran suggested. It would easily only allow staff to see who made that last change (marked/unmarked), as well as be out of the way if you dont care about it. Hover option over hte button for staff, or over the check mark icon for public. Either or in my opinion.

PS i was initially thinking in the thread title of when you are looking at the thread, not in the thread listing. But since buran mention the hover option i think i like that better. I dont mean to be nit picky...sorry.

Also yes users do set solved without responding back after the OP. But mods also accidentally set solved too. So it would be nice to know if your not sure. One instance is this thread recently. Im not sure if buran read it and marked it solved based on the discussion, or if the OP marked it solved. Because he didnt respond back and my response did not seem legit to solve the issue. I was expecting a response back from him, not it set solved. So after i saw it solved i wasnt sure if he just did not post back and my last response solved it, or if a mod hit it.
Recommended Tutorials:
(May-15-2019, 08:40 PM)metulburr Wrote: One instance is this thread recently. Im not sure if buran read it and marked it solved based on the discussion, or if the OP marked it solved
No, I didn't marked it and I also pointed at it in my post as an example
(May-15-2019, 01:15 PM)buran Wrote: For example - this currently active thread https://python-forum.io/Thread-please-he...all-pygame

I think hoover option should be easy to implement - currently we see the start of post content when hoover over the icon
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Could have a rule that if a moderator/administrator decides to change it to solved or unsolved they will do a moderate edit to the op's last post in the thread stating the change and inform the op to post to the thread if they don't agree, also making sure send PM to user is ticked.
Which Version of the Plugin you are using here? The current Version?

So, you want a change: If the thread is solved and you hover over the button the name should appear?
      "version"       => "2.2.0",
which just checking this i realize there is a newer one for bugfixes
(May-16-2019, 07:29 AM)itsmeJAY Wrote: So, you want a change: If the thread is solved and you hover over the button the name should appear?
yes
Recommended Tutorials:
What do you think about this?:    

I took the latest version and made the changes. I changed the version to Custom for you. It will not be published by me.

Just run the following queries (this is necessary so that you don't have to uninstall your plugin. If you uninstall it, all topics marked as done/solved so far will no longer be marked as done.)

ALTER TABLE mybb_threads ADD threadsolvedbyuserid INT( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE mybb_threads ADD threadsolvedtime INT( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
Then just replace the plugin file (check attached). Then you should be up to date and everything should work.

Info: If you mark a thread as done/solved and you don't see anything when hovering, please update the page with F5. :-)

(Info by the way: Please check this plugin first on a test/dev version of this forum (as usual) ) Rolleyes

Attached Files

.php   threadsolved.php (Size: 9.26 KB / Downloads: 166)
Nice thank you very much sir. From the staff of the forum, we appreciate the custom modifications.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Recommended Tutorials:
You are welcome. :-) it was not a big Deal..
I think it is. A lot of plugins for mybb are hard to get any modifications...especially custom ones. Or they take a year to get to it.
Recommended Tutorials:
Yes, i know because all are waiting for MyBB 1.9.. If you have more Feedback for that Plugin, just write it down. Maybe I will customize your Plugin more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Verify users plugin itsmeJAY 3 2,735 Jun-22-2019, 09:11 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  solved prefix tag/ mysupport plugin metulburr 13 7,292 Mar-30-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  testing support plugin metulburr 9 4,643 Mar-21-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: metulburr
  Adding YourCode plugin metulburr 1 3,829 Mar-23-2017, 02:17 PM
Last Post: metulburr_testing
  Created a plugin for our code tags stranac 18 13,617 Dec-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap
  support plugin solved/best answer/etc metulburr_testing 12 9,352 Oct-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Kebap