Python Forum
solved prefix tag/ mysupport plugin
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
solved prefix tag/ mysupport plugin
adding the solved tag. Mods and users can label their posts as solved. This is to help people determine who still needs help regardless of whether there are posts on the thread or not.
Recommended Tutorials:
The only issue is that the solved prefix will wipe out any existing thread prefix.
I am not fan of solved prefix at all.
I don't see the SOLVED prefix in the Moderator options
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

looks like more work, and possibly a way to aggravate the original poster (you think it's solved, they don't)
Can we change the post icons? Maybe we could get a check icon for the post icons and use that.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Mar-20-2019, 03:29 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: looks like more work, and possibly a way to aggravate the original poster (you think it's solved, they don't)
If that accident happens through, it reveals that there's some misalignment that will get fixed when the OP says something :)
(Mar-20-2019, 01:42 PM)buran Wrote: I don't see the SOLVED prefix in the Moderator options
Oh yeah that was a separate section. There are two ways to do it 1) edit first post and add prefix, or use mod options. Which i added now.

(Mar-20-2019, 03:29 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: looks like more work, and possibly a way to aggravate the original poster (you think it's solved, they don't)
Im pretty sure they can remove the prefix if they want to. Also i think everyone should let the OP change the prefix unless its obvious that its solved for this reason alone. It is surely more work, but then its less work identifying which threads are still in need of assistance.

(Mar-20-2019, 03:42 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Can we change the post icons? Maybe we could get a check icon for the post icons and use that.
Im sure that is possible. I am assuming you mean instead of using prefixes?

(Mar-20-2019, 01:02 PM)snippsat Wrote: I am not fan of solved prefix at all.
I know. Some people are and some people are not. I tried testing again the mysupport plugin for solved tags which are separate from prefixes. But apparently that doesnt even work at all now. Made an issue on github about it. I think my biggest beef with the prefix solved is that it replaces other prefixes. Mysupport plugin has some neat things as well, such as best answer (it highlights the background of the OP chose for best answer), solved labels, denied support notifications (im thinking in terms of our forum: cheaters), staff background color change, organization of solved/unsolved/etc. So i think at some point if we keep the solved concept, i would like to switch to mysupport at some point.

EDIT: got it working. I am not sure if we care about labeling threads as "technical" or "holding threads". I so far think we only care about solved/unsolved.
These are all the possible actions you can take with this plugin. We can remove one or as many as you want. We can edit the plugin as much as we want. I am currently trying to figure out how to get rid of the "how long ago the thread was solved time" on the thread listing. Takes up too much real estate.
Mark as Not Solved
Mark as Solved
Mark as Technical
Mark as Not Technical
Add/change assign
Remove assign
Add/change priority
Remove priority
Add/change category
Remove category
Deny support/revoke support
Mark as support thread/not support thread
Put thread on/take thread off hold
EDIT2: there are a lot of tweaks that need to happen on this plugin

EDIT:3 there are a lot of issues with this plugin. 1) it shows the correct location of the images, but for some reason they are not displaying. 2) With the settings set correctly; it seems any user can currently mark as solved, not just the author.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Mar-21-2019, 02:15 AM)metulburr Wrote: I am assuming you mean instead of using prefixes?

Yes.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
the previous setup is much better. When posts are in a chronological order, is much easier to sort through them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Verify users plugin itsmeJAY 3 2,725 Jun-22-2019, 09:11 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  simple solved plugin metulburr 47 15,253 May-18-2019, 11:00 AM
  testing support plugin metulburr 9 4,626 Mar-21-2019, 11:48 AM
  Adding YourCode plugin metulburr 1 3,824 Mar-23-2017, 02:17 PM
Last Post: metulburr_testing
  Created a plugin for our code tags stranac 18 13,608 Dec-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap
  support plugin solved/best answer/etc metulburr_testing 12 9,341 Oct-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Kebap