False 
stays the dict's dunder '__contains__'
but i am not so sure which duner exactly stays behind:
>>> ca = {1:'koko', 2:'boko'}
>>> ca [3] = 'loko'
>>> ca 
{1: 'koko', 2: 'boko', 3: 'loko'}
>>> 
i think it could be '__setitem__', but i am not sure. is this '__setitem__' or some other special method? thanks in advance!
if the fans of jerry springer are more than the fans of carl sagan they will rule over us! what we gonna do?
It's easy to check it
>>> foo=dict()
>>> foo.__setitem__('key', 'value')
>>> foo
{'key': 'value'}
>>>
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

and what operation executes dict's '__getattribute__' special method?
if the fans of jerry springer are more than the fans of carl sagan they will rule over us! what we gonna do?
I would suggest you read Data Model | Special method names section from the docs

__getattribute__()
>>> foo = {'foo':1, 'bar':2}
>>> foo.__getattribute__('keys')
<built-in method keys of dict object at 0x7fe05ce3fb88>
As you can see it returns the built-in method dict.keys()

Emulating container types

Note that opposite to __setitem__() is __getitem__()
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Quote:As you can see it returns the built-in method dict.keys()
does it means that behind every dict's built-in method stay one dict's special method?
(Dec-18-2018, 05:02 PM)nzcan Wrote: does it means that behind every dict's built-in method stay one dict's special method?
No, I don't know how you come to that conclusion. As it state in the docs
Quote:A class can implement certain operations that are invoked by special syntax (such as arithmetic operations or subscripting and slicing) by defining methods with special names. This is Python’s approach to operator overloading, allowing classes to define their own behavior with respect to language operators.
That's true for every class, builtin or custom.
>>> dir(dict)
['__class__', '__contains__', '__delattr__', '__delitem__', '__dir__', '__doc__', '__eq__', '__format__', '__ge__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__gt__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__iter__', '__le__', '__len__', '__lt__', '__ne__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__setitem__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'clear', 'copy', 'fromkeys', 'get', 'items', 'keys', 'pop', 'popitem', 'setdefault', 'update', 'values']
e.g. __str__ is called when you do str(some_dict)
special methods are methods/attributes, there is no other front-line methods/attribute
Create MCV example
Debug small programs