Python Forum
something went wrong in my post
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something went wrong in my post
in this thread some junk showed up in my post at #3 so i went to edit it out.  when i did that, most of it was italicized starting with an icode tag.  a preview showed correct italicizing.  the junk that was added was not there in the edit.  i did not save the edit.  can someone have a look and see what's up with it?

edit:

looking i over, myself, it looks like the subscript of the code in the 2nd icode fooled the tag parser in a strange way.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Just looking at the post, it seems every thing after the "listA", including the bracketed icode is italicized.  Is it possible you hit the "I " button and then forgot to clear it? Or backspaced while it was active and started typing again? I know that's happened to me on occasion.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
This is why you shouldn't use i as a variable name.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
container[i]
should not be italic

container[i]
should not be italic

the following is an example of your post deformatted....
Quote:this is showing the perl philosophy that there is more than one way to do it.  so why not put str() around listA[i] so the original method works as intended?  what is wrong with minimal change?

# loop in list

listA = list(range(0,101,5))

for i in range(len(listA)):
    print('Item no. ' + str(i+1) + ' is: ' + str(listA[i]) )
At first i think you found a bug, but when you post the same here, if the bug exists, the phrase should be italic and the i tag missing, but its not, and they are not italic. I think you somewhere hit the italic button.
Recommended Tutorials:
there definitely are parts of the post i made italic.  i don't type in italic mode, i always go back and highlight what to be italic then click the I button.  ok, so it is possible i click that button in the wrong place.  the formatted preview came out right, except for the 2 trailing ending i-tags.  the mis-formatting shows in the edit window, which is why i decided not to click the update button when on the edit page.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.