Python Forum
sorting out the multitude of installation errors
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sorting out the multitude of installation errors
hi guys,

I just started with this language, as it is in high demand everywhere i understand. The installation errors are apparently a huge problem as a lot of people get them with the netBeans installer. I too, have gotten multiple ones. I first got "no JDK found on this computer", then after trying solution 4 using the cmd here, of course i get "JVM unsupported. Apparently I have both the SDK and the JRE installed, SDK in program files and JRE in program files x86. when i ran the cmd, I pointed at the JRE folder. I've seen threads that say running java versions that are too new will also cause the error. true? if true, can someone tell me what the right version of JRE or SDK for java I need to get this to go thru? Here are my specs:

win 10 64 bit
netbeans installer 6.5
Java 8 update 231 (JRE)
Java SE dev kit 13.0.1 64 bit

thanks guys. if i can get past this, ull prolly see a lot more threads started by me as I learn this language.
What are you trying to run?
This is a python forum, not Java
i'm trying to install netBeans for python. didn't my post hint at that?
Quote:i'm trying to install netBeans for python. didn't my post hint at that?
Sorry, the word python is never used, carry on.
i'm terribly sorry larz, I don't think i started this thread on the right forum. I think this belongs at either Java or Netbeans. My apologies! Not off to a good start here! My next postings will be much more relevant.
No problem!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sorting a copied list is also sorting the original list ? SN_YAZER 3 2,998 Apr-11-2019, 05:10 PM
Last Post: SN_YAZER