Python Forum
[split] Andoid spies on you
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[split] Andoid spies on you
Android spy us. The OS itself so don't bother with some app.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Sep-21-2016, 04:22 PM)wavic Wrote: Android spy us. The OS itself so don't bother with some app.

...lolwut
Quote:Android spy us. The OS itself so don't bother with some app.
Android is linux based. The one i would worry about is Windows. (and maybe apple)
Recommended Tutorials:
(Sep-21-2016, 05:12 PM)metulburr Wrote:
Quote:Android spy us. The OS itself so don't bother with some app.
Android is linux based. The one i would worry about is Windows. (and maybe apple)

It's Linux. But if you root your phone you will discover that it records all your call logs. In and out to, when, sms to, sms from, GPS coord. and all like that for two monts. In place normaly you never can reach. It acts like a trojan horse.  :dodgy:
And you dont think windows or apples does that either?
Recommended Tutorials:
(Sep-21-2016, 10:00 PM)wavic Wrote: it records all your call logs. In and out to, when, sms to, sms from, GPS coord. and all like that for two monts. In place normaly you never can reach. It acts like a trojan horse.  :dodgy:
Could you elaborate on "spying" though? Call logs are a feature. Backups are feature you might not like. If it's spying, then they're failing at my idea of spying.
All this information is kept in place where you have no access. You can't see it. It's like hiden strongbox. You even don't know it but if you do and have the code for it... Nowadays all mobiles phones are connected to the internet. And gathering all that info, storing it where the user is unable to reach without hacking the device... smells like spying. Or I am paranoid. I don't think so. Why my phone remember my GPS coordinates 6o days back? With timing. The phone calls, the mobile sells? It's not a backup. Call log I can see is completely different thing.
If i had to choose the safest option of not being spied on, I would choose open source. This is why people root their phones. To give them full access. What is the alternative? A closed source Windows phone? And that you trust?
Recommended Tutorials:
It's unavailable without root as a security feature. If you get a development device (comes rooted) you can freely access that information. If they're trying to hide it from users, they're doing a poor job. If they really wanted to spy well, they wouldn't be storing anything locally on the device that they could simply transmit to a server.

You can look at Cyanogenmod or something similar if you want.
Android ia actually two OSes, Linux and the one of the network chip. That one is still pretty much closed even after you have rooted your phone.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net