Python Forum
[split] Andoid spies on you
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[split] Andoid spies on you
I must admit, I am not well versed in Android as i am other things. I dont write apps for it, and i havent really gotten into the mobile aspect at all of programming. 

But i would definitely opt for Android over Windows or Mac. 

Besides if i wanted to do a drug deal, i wouldnt bring my phone with me to the destination. If i wanted to pirate software, i would not do it with a phone, etc. 

This reminds me of the questions that people ask about how to protect themselves 100% from malware, virus, etc. And the only answer is do not connect to the internet. However the same with a phone, the answer would be to take your battery out (but on some Apple phones, you cant even do that without disassembling the phone)
Recommended Tutorials:
@Ofnuts has mentioned about  something important - the baseband processor. The phone can receive commands from the tower, even installing unwanted software. It can actively manage the phone. For instance ranks the phone mimic off and leave the microphone working, turning seemingly deactivated phone bug. I'm not sure if the OS has some significance here.

In my country the secret services are doing something simple. They jam the 3G band and if the phone is set to it automaticly switch to 2D witch is can be decripted in real time. Most of the people even don't know that they have to use exclusively only 3D. 
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org