Python Forum
[split] Delete Threads
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[split] Delete Threads
There really needs to be a way to delete your threads. I shouldn't even bother to post unless I can find that feature, since lacking that feature is a dead give-away that the site is meant to be a troll's paradise.
No, we don't delete threads and don't delete content of the posts. Now I will close this thread
This is not facebook. Facebook lets you "remove from view" any post of yours you want. If you believe you are really deleting content from facebook when you click "delete", then you are way too gullible. For example delete your account, and then login again. The account is not really deleted, but just removed from view until you decide you want to log back in again, then is put back into view. And i am sure that content on facebook is logged, and deleted messages are also logged, just removed from view of yourself.

However this site just doesnt allow you to remove it from view from yourself. Thats really the only difference. No one on the internet deletes content. Content is profitable. Profitable to us as status, whereas facebook probably sells your PM's to companies. They are not going to delete content that they can sell and make money off of.

Content for us is valuable because everyone asks the same question over time when learning to program. When they enter that question to Google and we dont have a thread pertaining to that, then that could put us at a lower ranking. Content means a user can search our site and find his answer without posting a new question.

Of course if that person is trolling, then the thread will of course be removed....but that user as well will be removed too. We have had trolls in the past. Their content is no longer here, their account is banned, and their IP address(s) are banned permanently now.

As a whole, the team members here have agreed to users not deleting posts, threads, or their accounts upon their own will. They can of course request it, but the chances are null. There really needs to be a reason why the content should be deleted besides the author just wanting to remove his tracks of progress in learning programming.

If you don't like the rules, then don't post here.
Recommended Tutorials:
Troll mods that confess to being trolls? Okay, I've certainly never seen THAT.

So you're anti-privacy? Let me guess, you're also for technological umemployment, climate-change denial, holocaust denial, pro-authoritarianism, anti-religion/morality, and racist????????? That all makes just as much sense.

User has been warned for this post. Reason: Straw-man arguments accusing mods of ridiculousness.
As said, you are welcome to leave if you don't like it here.  We are very upfront about not deleting threads; the main reason being people can't seek help here on homework and later delete the evidence.  This thread is getting locked.  You are welcome to remain a member of our community but if you can't conduct yourself appropriately you will be banned.

This has nothing to do with user privacy.  We do not share user data with anyone and if personal data is included in posts it is removed when noticed.  We have a universal policy however, that posts are not removed without good reason.  This eliminates homework cheating as well as people interrupting or changing established conversations.