Python Forum
[split] My opinion about OS choice for programming
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] My opinion about OS choice for programming
Even then, though, I've seen poor performance. Either they just don't spend the time to make it work very well, or the linux video drivers themselves just kinda suck.
I would liken it (OS's) to an automobile. There are those who just want to get in and get to where they are going (Windows) and there are those who want to get more hands on, tweak their engine's performance, change their own oil, install that 100 watt sound system, etc (Linux). That said, both OS's seem to be moving towards a more centrist view of 'ease of use' and 'tweak-ability'. When they finally converge, an event-horizon will be created and both OS's will be absorbed. Until then, use the one you likeĀ  :D
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Microsoft is know as one who pay to companies to put stick on the Linux wheel. It's a public secret. That is why, regardless of growing Linux users, nVidia and ATI don't support Linux well. Anyway if one has plan to use Linux with a second graphic adapter I suggest hum/her to look at Nvidia.

For gaming Wine Staging is a better choice then just Wine. But that can't beat Windows. I've had dual boot system for a short time just for that. For reason to test my new laptop. Games push the machines to the their limits
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrade to python 3 opinion hokie1999 5 2,820 May-11-2021, 06:42 PM
Last Post: hokie1999
  opinion: configparser should have been better Skaperen 8 4,426 Oct-03-2020, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  what is your opinion of this syntactic sugar idea? Skaperen 8 4,428 Nov-28-2018, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Guido van Rossum does not care about the opinion of the community. Kirill_Dubovitskiy 12 8,079 Sep-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Last Post: micseydel