Python Forum
[split] Purpose of school/homework
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Purpose of school/homework
I hear a lot of people saying school is bad for you. School is what you make of it. If you want to get a good education, you are going to have to work for it. And a good education is extremely useful. But if you just sit there and expect the system to just work for you, you will get a bad education. I'm not saying there aren't bad schools. I'm still pissed at UVa about my masters degree. But I could have easily gotten a bad education as an undergraduate as well. I didn't because I put the effort in to get a good one.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Where are you located globally? Is this a USA question? Because from what I hear, there are lots USA answers.

The biggest disadvantage from following university in USA is you have to pay hefty price each year just to be there.

In Europe, university is free. Consider this. Of course, it is not true everywhere, but there are huge differences.

This is not even talking about quality of education. I hear Asian universities deliver great education as well.
Im moving to Europe  ;)
Recommended Tutorials:
Free schools? Free medical? What is wrong with you people  :D
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Open Source live :D
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
i went to college on the 10 year plan.  i never got a degree but ended up working for 2 different universities (way back in the mainframe era) and 3 management jobs.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.