Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
password problem
i am trying to move my login here to a new browser. i have to login on the new one to do that. but it is not letting me do that. it says it is an invalid combination of username and password. so i tried the "forgot password" link. i entered my email and it says it is invalid. yet i can log in on the old browser ok. both browsers are just different instances of Firefox 67 running in differ host users so its not the browser type. any idea what is going on?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
1) Are you logged in on the old browser before logging in on the new? My suspicion is that maybe the forum software recognizes the first and fails to let you log in on the second knowing that account is already logged in.

2) Did you clear browser cache on the new browser?

3) Verify that it is https://python-forum.io url in the new browser.

4)
Quote:both browsers are just different instances of Firefox 67 running in differ host users
What do you mean by different host users?

5) Give a detailed process with images so i can contact MyBB regarding the issue and how to fix it. Explain like you are talking to a kid. Seriously.
Recommended Tutorials:
ironic that you numbered that sentence as 5. see https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/

i am concurrently logged in with the old browser (posting this). i'll log out (gotta finish this post) and try again.

here i am via the new user. it's a new user as in a different line in the Linux file /etc/passwd.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Jun-11-2019, 08:57 PM)Skaperen Wrote: here i am via the new user. it's a new user as in a different line in the Linux file /etc/passwd.
So does that mean its fixed?
Recommended Tutorials:
i'm in, so in that respect it is fixed. i'm still curious why my email was invalid.

i am not sure.
Recommended Tutorials: