Python Forum
still can't get pip to run
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
still can't get pip to run
i am still having troubles getting pip to run:
Output:
lt2a/forums /home/forums 1> pip list Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/bin/pip", line 7, in <module> from pip._internal import main ImportError: No module named 'pip._internal' lt2a/forums /home/forums 2> cat /usr/local/bin/pip #!/usr/bin/python3 # -*- coding: utf-8 -*- import re import sys from pip._internal import main if __name__ == '__main__': sys.argv[0] = re.sub(r'(-script\.pyw|\.exe)?$', '', sys.argv[0]) sys.exit(main()) lt2a/forums /home/forums 3>
i did a full fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS and everything else has been working fine (except --system mode of pulseaudio). any ideas?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
did you update pip?
python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
or try
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py
python3 get-pip.py --force-reinstall
Recommended Tutorials:
i tried to update pip and it failed. i didn't try that way. i'll give it a try after my shower.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Isn't it strange that your pip is in /usr/local/bin and it calls a python from /usr/bin ?
so it should be #!/usr/bin/env python3?

(Dec-09-2018, 04:03 AM)metulburr Wrote: did you update pip?
python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip

this worked and pip seems to now, too. that script looks the same but the file's date is update. i assume it installed the missing module.