Python Forum
suggestions for a GUI client program
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestions for a GUI client program
i have a plan to develop a program to dig deep into the Mandelbrot and Julia spaces and display the result in color.  an intended feature is to do the heavy calculation in a separate process written in C. yes, i know i can join Python and C and do this in on process. i want to separate it so i can do the heavy calculation in the cloud.  so my idea is to design a protocol for this based on JSON (easier in C than XML).  an additional program in Python would receive requests, divide up the work space, and pass on the requests to other heavy calculation servers/instances.  the result would be an array of data which would be 8-bit or 16-bit numbers giving the calculation counts at each requested point. the final client would take the numbers, lookup a color table, and display the result as a deep view in the Mandelbrot or Julia space.

i have zero experience designing any GUI program.  i need to think how best to build the array of colorized numbers to be displayed.  i also want to divide up the space into a 4x4 set of blocks and separate them by rows and columns of one pixel width in my client and use hotkeys to select the next deeper space to view. i may decide to also use mouse clicks for that.

suggestions on what i should read for this?

i do have experience writing programs to do image manipulation (in C). later i will write a "client" to take a high precision point and make a smooth logarithmic zoom down to that point and output a video. the first client will ultimately have an option to save an HD image (for use as a background, etc.).  I know what i need to do for the heavy calculation server and the space splitting proxy. it is the GUI client that i need to think about.  i have ideas for the protocol, too.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Take a look at flask, I you decide to use Flask, pay particular attention attention to the virtual environment setup in chapter 1.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Detecting Buttons - Suggestions? RockBlok 3 688 Nov-29-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: RockBlok