Python Forum
support plugin solved/best answer/etc
Poll: Keep the solved/not solved support plugin?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, keep it as is
0%
0 0%
Yes, but remove best answer
0%
0 0%
Yes, but change layout to fit forum
21.43%
3 21.43%
No, remove it completely
57.14%
8 57.14%
Undecided
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
support plugin solved/best answer/etc
testing support plugin

:wall:

User has been warned for this post. Reason: test
OK so the support plugin is installed. 

This allows you to mark threads as [solved, unsolved, or as non support]
Only admins and mods and the thread author can modify switch the solved -> unsolved or unsolved -> solved.
Only the forums general coding help, homework, GUI, game dev, networking, web dev, and board are allowed support threads.
There is an option in each post (only visible to the author) that marks that as the answer that solved the post (Which also marks that thread as solved)
The images related to this plugin are currently not working
Recommended Tutorials:
I changed the CSS to get rid of the vibrant green/yellow/blue/red colors to give it some chance. I would have to agree on the appearance of the default :shocked:

@[snippsat]
@[ichabod801]

For anyone wondering this is what it looked like before
Recommended Tutorials:
@[metulburr], when you tagged me in that post, I got three messages about it for some reason.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
For my this plugin is just annoying noise in forum,so chaining it would not help for me.
Yeah, I personally don't like it. Also, as it stands, even though threads are consistently being answered, it makes us look bad. If you look in say "homework", almost every thread says "unsolved" despite almost all of them having a good amount of discussion. If you were a new user and just glanced at that you would assume almost everything is going unanswered.
This thread has been marked as solved. If you have a similar issue, it would be better to post your own thread rather than bump this one, to help keep everybody's different issues separate.

(Oct-07-2016, 03:18 AM)Mekire Wrote: Also, as it stands, even though threads are consistently being answered, it makes us look bad.  If you look in say "homework", almost every thread says "unsolved" despite almost all of them having a good amount of discussion.  If you were a new user and just glanced at that you would assume almost everything is going unanswered.

But still there is only a manageable number of threads (at least as I would rate it), so one could go through and correct the auto-setting. And in future, if it starts to be a habit to set the mark correctly, it would be helpful for a fast check what to read first.
I appreciate the option. I myself used "[solved]" already in the old forum by editing the headline of the inital post (what seems to be not possible here, at least until one has a lot of posts?). However, I'm not sure how to vote - is the "layout change to fit forum" already done? As far as it is displayed here, it can stay at it is, but if other people get onother view, I would take that.

Oh, and one point - actually, there is an auto-edit in my post, saying I should better open a new thread. And it is added one time each preview, however not showing up in the preview (if I have two auto-edits in my post, one is shown in the preview). One adding would be enough in my opinion.
Quote: I myself used "[solved]" already in the old forum by editing the headline of the inital post (what seems to be not possible here, at least until one has a lot of posts?)
Since the addition of the edit log, all users with 5+ posts are allowed to edit up to 48 hours. 

As for this plugin, it appears from the polls that it will be removed. Ill give it a little longer, but i think we are going to axe it anyways. At least in the future someone who asks about it can be linked here, and say that it was given a fair shot.
Recommended Tutorials:
metulburr
Quote:Since the addition of the edit log, all users with 5+ posts are allowed to edit up to 48 hours.

But if the answer comes up after some days, it will be not possible to make a "solved"-Edit then (except for admins)?
Quote:But if the answer comes up after some days, it will be not possible to make a "solved"-Edit then (except for admins)?
yes

If we vote to remove this mod...then we are basically saying we dont care about tagging posts as solved or not.

To be honest though, most questions on our forum get answered. The reason they do no appear to get answered, is because the person got their answer, and never posts saying it worked or not, etc. y.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Verify users plugin itsmeJAY 3 2,743 Jun-22-2019, 09:11 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  simple solved plugin metulburr 47 15,344 May-18-2019, 11:00 AM
  solved prefix tag/ mysupport plugin metulburr 13 7,310 Mar-30-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  testing support plugin metulburr 9 4,659 Mar-21-2019, 11:48 AM
  Adding YourCode plugin metulburr 1 3,837 Mar-23-2017, 02:17 PM