Python Forum
terminology question: generator data
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
terminology question: generator data
if i have a linear indexed bunch of data and all the data is present at once, it is generally called a sequence. it might be a list. but if the data is being created or derived as time steps forward, and sent, or obtained from, a generator, what is this called? if the data at each step is a single character it might be called a stream. if it is other kinds data, or no specific kind of data at all, what might that be called?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
You might find the following useful: http://pyflag.sourceforge.net/Documentat...ators.html
initially starting to read this reminded me of generators i once wrote in assembly language (for IBM 360/370 mainframes). i remember a very fast one that executed only 2 instructions in most cases per yield cycle and sometimes 5 or 6 instructions. the main loop was also doing 2 instructions in most cases and 4 or 5 instructions a little more frequently. it was doing complex bit stream packing and unpacking. for those familiar with this instruction set, there was a big use of the BALR instruction, and lots of registers. BALR 2,2 did a nice coroutine jump, flipping location with register 2.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
BAL - A Blast from the past
Also used Easycoder (actually my first language) for Honeywell 1000
i didn't find much about data sequence terminology there, except the use of "event" a lot.

yes, BAL, and BALR were especially fun.