Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
testbirds
testbirds.com

Does anyone have experience with them as a tester? I've just passed the entry test ( got 5 euros lol ). Can't wait to get their next email to start testing for real. For those who don't know it's a freelancing platform where you test different apps, web sites, software etc. for clients.
Also, can this ( future ) experience be useful when looking for a job in IT company as a tester?
Looks interesting.
Always looking for some freelance work. Let us know how this pans out.
I'm a full-time freelancer on UpWork but it's a boring job that I'm doing for a while and want to change it. Hope that this will work out. I could use some new job experience.
(Mar-08-2019, 01:09 AM)Truman Wrote: Also, can this ( future ) experience be useful when looking for a job in IT company as a tester?
Yes. As someone who looks at resumes and does interviews, I wouldn't value it as high as long-term project work but it's certainly better than not having it. Make sure you're able to talk well about at least one or two projects / tasks you were given, as that would go a long way in an interview.
Also, most important be enthusiastic and sure of yourself.
(Mar-11-2019, 12:16 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: Also, most important be enthusiastic and sure of yourself.

Mah...I always missed that. I guess that's why I couldn't find a job in the field that I graduated from ( economics ). They probably look for high self-esteem guys who can sell.
Still nothing, they didn't invite me to a single job. Maybe there are just too many registered testers.
When I first started, you would always get a response from every resume that you sent out.
Today, all resumes are first read by robots, and you are lucky to get through that round.
Then, It's unfortunately very rare to get a response back if a company is not interested in you.
I'm retired now, but when I was working, I did all my own screening and hiring until the HR department informed me that I wasn't suited to
choose who I might like to hire, and all potential employees had to be screened by them first.
When I did it, I always responded to all applicants, whether I was interested or not.
Well said. Just to mention that on testbirds we don't apply/ send proposals but admins send us projects when they find those that are suitable for us as per our profile. I filled my profile with many details ( I even put python although I'm far from proficient ) but still nothing.