Python Forum
the principle of writing program menus for Linux
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the principle of writing program menus for Linux
Hi there.

I'm doing a little bit in the Blender Game Engine - as long as a hobby.

Studied Python, at the level of BGE. Here are some of my results:
- example 1
- example 2
- example 3
- example 4
- example 5 - I closed the reference to the example of the game itself - I am remaking it in a new way.

And that's what I thought of. This topic I myself will not do (If the link does not work, let me know and I will fix it.) ... and I wanted to invite everyone who is interested in this - and even completely give the idea for the Python community (if it is interesting for many).

For beginning, I wanted to write a simple program menu, like in the Elementary OS, but not as a plug-in for the panel, but as a completely independent program, with the launch in the center of the screen, with the function of switching to the full screen.
Prompt please with what to start correctly (I do not speak English - I'm Ukrainian, ), you can also join this topic - the license will be GPL - i.e., for all.
Of course it's not good to speculate on brands, but the theme from the Blender Artists, is a good promotion for Python, as well as the way to self-fulfilling.

Thank you for your attention and patience.
Hi there.

I've thought about my topic a little, here's the license:
This program (program_menu_P) will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
So you are free to share, modify and adapt it for your needs, and even use it for commercial use.

and:
all who will participate in the creation of the final product will be mentioned in the license on the level with everyone. Angel

design:
link

working directory:
link

settings file:

full_screen = False
window_mod_res = 1/2, 1/5
window_col = 255, 255, 255
frame_prog_categ_position = right
frame_prog_categ_col = 236, 236, 236
frame_prog_col = 236, 236, 236
off_but_path = /usr/share/off_system/off_prog
setting_but_path = /usr/share/setting/set_prog
-What for?
-then, that this version of the program menu has no analogue, and more - there is no analogue on Python - and this menu of the program will be quite convenient for users of Linux systems.

The first step is made - theory and design.

Join someone who is interesting, but I'll go look what is - tkinter Smile

Thank you for attention.