Python Forum
trying to download sympy
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying to download sympy
Hi,

Can someone give me directions to install sympy on mac please? python 2.7.10 running. thank you - i tried the conda install on the terminal but that failed. i also tried downloading sympy from github as a zip file and followed the instructions but i get syntax errors - any idea why please ?

thank you and regards
Show the errors
File "<stdin>", line 1
conda install sympy
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Honestly no clue
If you are using Anaconda, you should already have sympy installed, in which case  you would want to use conda update sympy.  Though it would seem that "conda" is an unknown command. Have you tried installing any other packages?

You could also forget Anaconda and install it directly to Python (which should already be installed on a Mac) from the command line try pip install scypy
** Also, if you are using sypy v1.x or greater you have to enable/install "mpmath" as a prerequisite.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Hm! Anaconda with python 2.7?
Despite that Python 2.7 will be supported to 2020, all libraries, modules and so on are moving to v3+. Even 3.6
Learning 2.7 is a waste of time. Unless this is the only option and you can't install or use Python 3.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Algebric equation with Sympy pooyan89 3 1,908 Jul-17-2019, 11:34 PM
Last Post: scidam
  How to interpret Sympy inverse_fourier_transform response ken72 3 3,573 Oct-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Larz60+