Python Forum
twitter is being a PITA
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
twitter is being a PITA
twitter is being a PITA.

i tried to create a new twitter account because the name i wanted to use seemed to exist. it turns out the name was 2 characters longer than their limit so it cut 3 letter off the end and put a "1" on the end. so i tried to create one with just 2 letters cut off the end and no number. it went through the process of creating it, then both accounts got suspended.

twitter's help documentation tries to explain that they understand that mistakes can be made. my mistake was not deleting the first account before creating the second one. their help documentation also says that when an account is suspended or deactivated it will show me a message or send me an email telling me what i need to do to correct the problem. i'm assuming that deleting one of the accounts would be suitable. but i got no such email (i do get others from them) and cannot login to either account. their system is flawed or they are liars. and they don't handle incoming email, even for "cannot login" cases.

one of their emails suggests using a special form to submit a support case. it wants to reset the password to enable login. i tried it even though i had the correct password. it does not work. i still can't get logged in.

i found a drop-down on the page i get when i try to login that has "help". when i try selecting that i get a form that looks like something to submit a request to unsuspend an account. but the form won't let me type in anything. when i move the mouse over any input area, the pointer morphs into a circle with a backslash through it. what good is a form like that?

i wonder if they even have a real support department. if they do it must be a nice job to work there getting to laugh at people all day long and do nothing productive.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.