Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ubuntu packages in pip
(May-13-2018, 06:17 AM)wavic Wrote: You want one json file for all of them? I doubt that there is one somewhere. The packages info is constantly changing.
yes, it it constantly changing. that's the major reason i want it in one download instead of 138622. i'm afraid that 138622 separate downloads could take longer than a day but one big download could take less than an hour depending on its size. i have about 20 Mbps. that way i might be able to download it every day or every week.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
This is a great opportunity to use asyncio or some other kind of concurrency. It'll be fun. Big Grin
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
even so, 138622 downloads is still going to take a long time as my 138622 async i/o descriptors spread over many threads and processes will likely bog down the server. and that's assuming my IP does not get banned.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.