Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using the linkedin api
I am using ubuntu 16.04 and I am using python3

I want to get a bunch of information from a lot of linkedin profiles, so I just want a script that uses the linkedin api and stores their information. like their name, age and location. I have tried a lot of example scripts but none of them seem to work. I almost always get an ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'linkedin' but I have actually installed the api throuhgh pip install python-linkedin and pip install linkedin. Does anybody know a way to fix this and it would also be nice if somebody could post a link to a good example script
I would assume that you have both python2 and python3 and you have installed the external packages for the wrong python version, i.e. python2. that's why when you try to use it with python3 it cannot find it.
You didn't name any of your files linkedin, did you? Because python tries to load anything in the current directory before checking site-packages.
(Apr-24-2017, 07:21 PM)nilamo Wrote: You didn't name any of your files linkedin, did you? Because python tries to load anything in the current directory before checking site-packages.
You'd usually get something more about a module not having an attribute, not that the module can't be found at all.

I think buran has the right idea. I just did sudo pip install linkedin followed by (in a Python interpreter) import linkedin and had no problems.

@emilevs: what do you get from these two commands?
Output:
$ pip --version pip 9.0.1 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (python 2.7) $ python --version Python 2.7.3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to skip LinkedIn signup link using python script? Mangesh121 0 1,764 Aug-26-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Mangesh121