Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
view count off
My os is windows 7 ultimate edition 32.my browser is chrome.i dont know which version it is.

it occured when i was browsing my thread.Suddenly a page came and redirected me to the general coding forum.
then i found that my thread views increased from 4 to 1000+ views.it occured on 27 th april at noon.my greenwhich is 5+30.
"View count" counts guests... which include bots. So it could be any number at any moment. No one really considers them valuable info.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Apr-29-2017, 11:32 AM)metulburr Wrote: View count" counts guests... which include bots. So it could be any number at any moment. No one really considers them valuable info.
No.I dont think you understands me.after i saw the 15XX view increase,there was no name excepts mine in the "users browsed this thread".
i can prove this.Give me any random thread, i will try to increase the view count.
(Apr-30-2017, 09:11 AM)RandoomDude Wrote: after i saw the 15XX view increase,there was no name excepts mine in the "users browsed this thread".
1) Users who have their privacy set to "hide" will not show up in the users who browsed this list
2) i repeat again, guests count in view counts, so at any time a view count can go high with a single member viewed it
3) No one cares about view count field. In fact the view field might even be removed in the future as its purpose is useless since guests are included in incrementing it. Its pointless. Dont worry about it.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Apr-30-2017, 10:25 AM)metulburr Wrote: i repeat again, guests count in view counts, so at any time a view count can go high with a single member viewed it
Does the view counts increase due to visiting by the thread owner himself?
(Apr-30-2017, 01:28 PM)RandoomDude Wrote: Does the view counts increase due to visiting by the thread owner himself?
Yes
Recommended Tutorials:
(Apr-30-2017, 01:48 PM)metulburr Wrote:
(Apr-30-2017, 01:28 PM)RandoomDude Wrote: Does the view counts increase due to visiting by the thread owner himself?
Yes

if so ,is it possible that the thread owner could utilize this method to get more view counts and attract guests.however this is not a problem because Views are not a factor that indicates the perfection level of the thread.am i correct? Smile
(Apr-30-2017, 01:58 PM)RandoomDude Wrote: if so ,is it possible that the thread owner could utilize this method to get more view counts and attract guests.however this is not a problem because Views are not a factor that indicates the perfection level of the thread.am i correct?
View count has nothing to do with Google ranking of threads of a search query. So the thread owner would just be wasting their time.
Recommended Tutorials:
Views don't mean anything. So even if this was a bug (which it looks like it isn't), we wouldn't have any incentive to *fix* it since it doesn't matter.