Python Forum
[xbmc] How to block the code from executed twice under the loop
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[xbmc] How to block the code from executed twice under the loop
(Oct-24-2016, 11:50 PM)Yoriz Wrote: What gui are you using?
Shouldn't you of posted this in the gui part of the forum?

While I ponder over this new code that has changed from before (have you added to it or you just failed to show the correct code to begin with) and looks even more overly complicated then it probably needs to be.
Could you answer the unanswered questions I quoted.
I dont know what gui i am using.

How i can find out what gui i am using?
What the ..... Hit the Wall

You are using some sort of gui framework, I use wxpython , there is tkinter, pyqt/pyside ect. what are you using
Chris:
Copy your code locally, on your own computer.
Cull the copy so that it's as little code as possible while still reproducing your problem.
Post that reduced code. It should be quite short.
(Oct-25-2016, 06:13 PM)chris0147 Wrote: I dont know what gui i am using.

How i can find out what gui i am using?

Its usually in an import line somewhere at the top. At some point one of your modules will have it. IF you cant figure it out...then zip it up and attach the whole thing here.
Recommended Tutorials:
If you don't even know what gui you are using what chance do you or anyone trying to help have Smash
Looks like it could be this

You have loads of duplicated code, variables that are not used.

ctrl is not defined
if int(ctrl.getX()) != 375: # undefined variable ctrl
           continue
In this part
if int(program_width) == 691: # width of button1
           programs_width = 344
           program_button_1.setWidth(int(programs_width)) # set button one width
           program_width = program_button_1.getWidth() # changed the width to 344
           nextprogram_width = program_button_2.getWidth()
           print "catch this goright 1"
You set button1 to width 344, then you ask the control what its width is that you already know as you just set it and change variable program_width to that width.

In the next part you check for the value of program_width is inside your condition which it is  because you just set it to be and then you change button1 width to the width of button2
 elif int(program_width) >= 342 and int(program_width) <= 344:
           #print "you are working on 342 and 344 button"
           print "catch this goright 2"
           program_button_1.setLabel(nextprogram_label)
           program_button_1.setWidth(nextprogram_width)
(Oct-25-2016, 06:23 PM)Yoriz Wrote: What the ..... Hit the Wall

You are using some sort of gui framework, I use wxpython , there is tkinter, pyqt/pyside ect. what are you using

I use python version 2.6 to code for xbmc media application. I don't think it does make any difference what gui i'm using as long you can still help me to modify my code which is the main thing.
Quote: I don't think it does make any difference what gui i'm using as long you can still help me to modify my code which is the main thing
It makes a lot of difference. Often times, people are unaware of a feature in a certain library that they are trying to recreate that. There may be a different or better method to carry out certain things, in one library or the other.
Recommended Tutorials:
Of course it makes a difference, each gui framework has its own way of doing things , its own methods ect.
Without knowing and your lack of showing enough useful code no one can have a clue whats going on.
Your coding and explanations are terrible.
Your lucky I'm wasting my time to even try and fathom out what the hell you are doing.
(Oct-25-2016, 06:44 PM)Yoriz Wrote: If you don't even know what gui you are using what chance do you or anyone trying to help have Smash
Looks like it could be this

You have loads of duplicated code, variables that are not used.

ctrl is not defined
if int(ctrl.getX()) != 375: # undefined variable ctrl
           continue
In this part
if int(program_width) == 691: # width of button1
           programs_width = 344
           program_button_1.setWidth(int(programs_width)) # set button one width
           program_width = program_button_1.getWidth() # changed the width to 344
           nextprogram_width = program_button_2.getWidth()
           print "catch this goright 1"
You set button1 to width 344, then you ask the control what its width is that you already know as you just set it and change variable program_width to that width.

In the next part you check for the value of program_width is inside your condition which it is  because you just set it to be and then you change button1 width to the width of button2

Yeah, but I have to create two different statement for the button when I change it which it can be done by using this:

program_button_2.setLabel(nextprogram1_label)
         program_button_2.setWidth(nextprogram1_width)
         program_button_3.setLabel(nextprogram2_label)
         program_button_3.setWidth(nextprogram2_width)
I use the control of program_button_1 to set the width size to 344 that I get the width size from the program_button_2 control and I use to set the program_button_2 width size that I got from the program_button_3 control.

When I run the code under the loop, I have got three button1 that need to set to the width size from 691 to 344, so the code will be executed and change the width size like three times which it should be only once time for each button. It would be easy if I can get one button id when I empty the list in each time when I change the button1 size without I have to run through the loop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tkinter] messagebox is not being executed please help erwinsiuda 2 2,240 Apr-02-2020, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  [Tkinter] Window unresponsive when executed. fawazcode 2 3,748 Sep-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  [WxPython] Which def is executed? merlem 10 7,717 Feb-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Yoriz