Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xset changed?
I looked up many on the internet about turn off on the HDMI and it said use xset dpms force on and I tried to use xset dpms force on and output said:
Output:
server does not have extension for dpms option xset: unknown option force usage: xset [-display host:dpy] option ... To turn bell off: -b b off b 0 To set bell volume, pitch and duration: b [vol [pitch [dur]]] b on To disable bug compatibility mode: -bc To enable bug compatibility mode: bc To turn keyclick off: -c c off c 0 To set keyclick volume: c [0-100] c on To control Energy Star (DPMS) features: -dpms Energy Star features off +dpms Energy Star features on dpms [standby [suspend [off]]] force standby force suspend force off force on (also implicitly enables DPMS features) a timeout value of zero disables the mode To set the font path: fp= path[,path...] To restore the default font path: fp default To have the server reread font databases: fp rehash To remove elements from font path: -fp path[,path...] fp- path[,path...] To prepend or append elements to font path: +fp path[,path...] fp+ path[,path...] To set LED states off or on: -led [1-32] led off led [1-32] led on -led named 'name' led off led named 'name' led on To set mouse acceleration and threshold: m [acc_mult[/acc_div] [thr]] m default To set pixel colors: p pixel_value color_name To turn auto-repeat off or on: -r [keycode] r off r [keycode] r on r rate [delay [rate]] For screen-saver control: s [timeout [cycle]] s default s on s blank s noblank s off s expose s noexpose s activate s reset For status information: q To print version: -version
Umm...why? new version do not this? my xset ver is 1.2.4

Even same with "off"

I tried use xset -display :0.0 +dpms still same! said
Output:
server does not have extension for dpms option

Ah nevermind, I found out the DPMS setting was DISABLED in 10-blanking.conf, I changed to ENABLE and it's works. wow lot to learn to go.